Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Popular Games You Never Finished (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67081)

vesselle 10-15-2006 01:11 AM

okay, i confess... i've started many games that i never finished.

here's a few on my list:

Wheel of Time
Half-Life
NWN: HotU
Diablo II
Might & Magic 9
Morrowind
Gothic 2
Arcanum

i think a big part of my problem is that i'm an inveterate "re-starter"... i love creating characters and playing them at low levels. when they get powerful, i get bored. sheesh!! what's wrong with me? does anyone else do this? or am i all alone? :(

V***V

Griefmaker 10-15-2006 02:30 AM

Haha, i am exactly the same way :( . I am horrible at finishing games... Instead of listing the ones I have started, but not finished, I think it would be easier to list the games that I HAVE finished:

BG1
KOTOR1
Betrayal at Krondor

eh...well...that is it.

Actually, I have finished a number of console games, but I am not counting those.

Dang, this is pretty sad. I have finished 3 out of the 36 games that I have in my computer game library! Ah well.

Iron Greasel 10-15-2006 04:14 AM

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Fallout
Fallout 2
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

for starters. It seems that the amount of freedom in creating characters is inversely proportionate to the likelyhood of me ever finishing the game. Stupid Chronic Restarting Disorder.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-15-2006 07:06 AM

..nice to know I'm not the only one! Yes, early on is more fun. And who cares, the ending isn't going anywhere.

Icewind dale - didn't like the combat
Arcanum - simply a stupid game
Warlords 4 - has potential; I'll get back to it
(opens game cupboard)
Heroes 4 - I know I didn't finish most campagains

ZFR 10-15-2006 07:10 AM

Can't think of any...

Griefmaker 10-15-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:

Arcanum - simply a stupid game

Variol, you of course realize that you are going to rot in Hell for that statement [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] . (doh, it looks a full moon for you!)

Bozos of Bones 10-15-2006 11:50 AM

Variol... I just finished a transaction with Gideon Laier, First Blade of the Molochean Hand. I paid him five hundred gold pieces for him to bring me your head and nothing else. Have a nice life, however short it may be.
Popular stuff I started, but never completed:
FEAR: Played until a bug killed it. That, and the fact that I had to play on next to minimum details killed it for me.
Grim Fandango: The CD was scratched on the starting part of Year 3.
Darkstar One: Do not play this game. Play Freelancer instead. This is a bad game.
Neverwinter Nights: Got up to somewhere in Luskan, and then I got KotOR 2. Lightsaber > Magic Missile any day.
Baldur's Gate 1: Can't even remember how, all I remember is I never got to the very end.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-15-2006 01:47 PM

I knew I'd skake some trees with that! Here's the reason: I hate a game where you find all this ______ stuff and have no idea what to do with it. I even went online and couldn't find any help.

You send me a link where I can find "all" that info and I'll install it again...... unless it's fetching a good price on ebay.

Dajjer 10-15-2006 02:27 PM

BG 1
Fallout 2
No One Lives Forver 2 (but this is one of my favorite games and I will get back to it)
Beyond Good and Evil
Kotor 1

Bozos of Bones 10-15-2006 03:42 PM

So... you can't play a game without a walkthrough? Huh? What do you mean by "all this ______ stuff"?