Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cleric/Ranger (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12716)

Warby 05-07-2003 04:21 PM

Apart from just wanting to say it is a one of the best kits I've played I just want to ask a few Q's.

1. Which stronghold(s) will I get?.
2. Can I use items that only rangers or only clerics can use like montolio cloak or the sensate amulate?.

Thanks

Warby

Vedran 05-07-2003 04:23 PM

First one: Either Cleric's or Ranger's, whichever you want. But only one.

Second one: Yes, you should be able to wear those.

Warby 05-07-2003 04:35 PM

Thanks Vedran, one more question. What is the rangers quest and where does it start?. Also what items to you get if any?. I've already done the clerics quest before and its not too bad.

Thanks

Warby

Vedran 05-07-2003 04:46 PM

Umar Hills quest. That is a hint. If you want a spoiler (and I hope you don't want it), just ask.

As for items, I don't really remember anything smashing, but you certainly get some mediocre (already seen) stuff.

Legolas 05-07-2003 05:27 PM

Just a note on item useability, you will have to abide to the clerigal restrictions. That means no sharp pointy things like swords or arrows. But since the cloak isn't specifically non-cleric (just ranger only), you should be able to use that one.

The main reward for the ranger quest is a certain <font color="#3D2F1B">figurine</font> <-- highlight only if you want to be spoiled

Zarr 05-07-2003 05:30 PM

<font color="#FFFFFF">Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~</font>
One item of note you get in the Ranger stronghold quest is the moon dog figurine which summons a moon dog which has alot of nifty powers although I forget what they are to be honest...

EDIT: beaten to it by Legolas

[ 05-08-2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Vedran 05-07-2003 05:50 PM

Zarr, you don't really understand the institution of spoiler, do you?

Zarr 05-07-2003 05:57 PM

He asked what items you get I told him. Spoiler tags aren't needed in this case as he ASKED TO BE SPOILED.

Vedran 05-07-2003 06:04 PM

10 CLS
20 PRINT SORRY
30 GOTO 20
40 END

Legolas 05-07-2003 06:05 PM

There are several levels of spoiling, ranging from hints to full details. There's usually no way of telling to what extent someone wants to be spoiled, so spoiler tags are always the more polite way of doing it (and even then they only really work if you tell people roughly what it is you're going to spoil).
People will have to use their own judgement here.

In this case I tend to agree with Zarr, there was an (inexplicit) request to be spoiled.
The reward is also not a matter of that great importance so it won't ruin the game for most people. It doesn't really matter either way, and is nothing to lose your head over.

EDIT: Vedran, you know you're going to run out of memory space one day ;)

[ 05-07-2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]