Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OFF TOPIC - what countrys do you live in? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50503)

Blink182 01-29-2001 12:58 AM

Lucre Cums from the night, leaving no trace but the painful, crusty, rings of cum on your arse.
For Lucre is a gay Prozzie extrodinare

PS He is very cheap at weekends

Lucre 01-29-2001 06:52 AM

What countrys does everyone here come from?

Lucre 01-29-2001 06:53 AM

Why has it come up twice?

Cleric 01-29-2001 07:00 AM

I don't now,
But on this board are people from all over the world, Me? I come from Holland.

Moiraine 01-29-2001 07:02 AM

I live in France (SE, in the mountains near Grenoble). Here it is freezing and snow all around.
I guess a lot of people here know that already ... Bonjour à tous !

BTW, should't you have started to tell us where YOU live ? &gt

Is there any other Frenchy on the board, BTW ?

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 07:07 AM

I already have said this a pair of times but...

Im spanish (from spain ), exactly from Bilbao (where the Guggenheim museum is)

And Moiraine, I guess that you are the only frenchie, and Im the only Spanishie (??)

el_kalkylus 01-29-2001 07:10 AM

Sweden. There is ice everywhere, and you have to walk carefully.

Moiraine 01-29-2001 07:42 AM

Ertai, why is that ?

Is it that we people from southern European countries are up to their reputation to be arrogant, untrusting, and not at all willing to learn foreign languages ?

I went to some French boards about BG II (nothing close to this wonderful Board), and I always told all to come here ... but no result so far.

As far as I know, aside from us, there are on this Board a great bunch of Aussies, some people from the US (even one Mexican woman), some UK people, a core of Swedish people, also some Filippinos (do I spell that right ?), ...

IdiotRogue 01-29-2001 08:08 AM

I hail from the USA and am always more than a little embarrassed that I never followed up on the German I had in school. "Use it or lose it." I think about all I remember now is how to order a beer and crudely proposition a lady. Hmmm... better get out the old English/German dictionary to find out how to say "Where is the nearest medical facility?"

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-29-2001 08:21 AM

The United Provinces of the Netherland excluding Belgium which split off
ehm well sortly known as holland
BTW if i'm right Omegadawn or something is spanish too but i haven't seen him for a while

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 08:23 AM

Maybe you´re right Moiraine, although Mediterranean people are supposed to be warm and friendly !!!
Look at these estimated numbers of mediterranean-south european people :

Spanish: 1 (me)
French: 1 (you)
Italian: 0
Portuguese: 0
Greek: 1 (i think there was a greek guy over there, im not sure)

This is so SAD i think

Zoratorak 01-29-2001 08:26 AM

yep Moraine... a couple of Filipino's (that is the spelling if you want to know...) ... its a nice tropical country and a great place to go to ... especially BORACAY ...one of the best beaches in the world... known for its white sand... heheh.. i advertizing my own country since everything is picking up again after the ouster of the former president... so come all come now... invest here in the Philippines.. we need foreign investors ... =)

anyway... im from the Philippines... did i say that??

Moiraine 01-29-2001 08:27 AM

As far as I know, mediterranean people are supposed to be warm and friendly ... to people they already know. Otherwise, they joke a lot, so as not to get involved in deeper conversation. At least, my father's family is like that (they are from Nice).

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-29-2001 08:35 AM

BTW moirane where you from
city that is

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 08:37 AM

Yep Moiraine, I´ve always thought that its hard for me to make new friends, but once i start talking with them i CANT shut up !!! I mean that i am a very good friend of my friends, but always feel shy when knowing new people.

Anyway, if there is another french, spanish, portuguese or whatever please POST HERE !!!

Moiraine 01-29-2001 08:42 AM

Ertai, it sounds like me speaking (even to the 'can't shut up' part) !

I regret now that I took Russian at school as second language, instead of Spanish. I don't know a word of your language !

But we don't want to make a 'private-room-for-southern-european-people' here, do we ? &gt

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 08:48 AM

NO moiraine, i didnt mean that, i just want to know if we are the only ones !!

And about language, I´ve always wanted to learn french (and german, and russian...) and even chose it in the institute, but there wasnt enough people to fill a class (a room) and i finally couldnt learn it . Anyway, my mother knows french, and i have family there (in Burdeos).

PS: Rikard, dont say a word about my french family OK ?!?!?!

Charlie 01-29-2001 09:09 AM

I live in London in England. I can speak a few different languages though.

Lucre 01-29-2001 09:22 AM

I am English north west oooh arr. (only in this world in many other i am known as King Bob Lucre McWibble IV).

Bow down before me you insignificant SUTHNER.Pop along to your guvnor now.(to Charlie)

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 09:45 AM

hey Lucre, I hope this things you say are a typical joke from england, because Charlie is an INSTITUTION here you know.

Hail Charlie !!!!

PS: Charlie, in spain we say someone is an institution when (s)he´s popular and everybody respects him/her. I wanted to leave this clear because of the mistakes mu poor english may produce ...

Charlie 01-29-2001 09:49 AM

Lucre.

I am the Guvnor.

Nice to see the schools in the N.W are still turning out the same high standard of literacy. No wonder all the dough's dahn Souff .(your sig') Are you a cut puss, puRse or puse btw? Extraordinaire also req's an A and an E.

Incidentally, I heard that people up North are injecting (E) Ecstacy directly into their gums....called Eeeh bah gum, heard anything about that? Anyway, I won't keep you, no doubt you're off whippet racing shortly ....don't forget your flat cap and black pudding sarnies...it's cold up there.

All japes aside......Nice to know there are other Englishmen on the boards, regardless of their geographical location.

Best wishes.

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 09:51 AM

You´re the best Charlie !!!

Moiraine 01-29-2001 09:53 AM

YOU ROCK CHARLIE !!!

Charlie 01-29-2001 09:55 AM

Ertai.

That's lovely my friend...thankyou.

Yes, typical North/South divide English banter, but I will always return fire..Humorously hopefully.
Let me make it very clear that I regard all races, creeds and colours as my brothers and sisters...without exception.

Melusine 01-29-2001 09:57 AM

Charlie, LMAO!!!! I was mildly annoyed by the spelling mistakes too once I found out he's a native speaker

I'm thinking of going to Glasgow or Stirling for my study, I can't bear to think of all the horrible things you'd have to say at that...
BTW what other languages do you speak then? Cockney and English?

Anyway to answer this thread, like Rikard and cleric I'm from Holland, or, more correctly, The Netherlands.

Charlie 01-29-2001 10:23 AM

Hi Melusine.

Yes, cockney rhyming slang, total bollocks, balderdash, and I'm also very fluent in drunken slur. Been known to shlurr my worms on more than one occasion . You saw clean through my ruse....I'm glad.

The Scottish incidentally are a very warm and friendly race with a great sense of humour (as are our English friends up North), you're sure to enjoy any time you spend there.

Best wishes to you in your studies.

Moiraine 01-29-2001 10:27 AM

Charlie,
did you receive my mail from work Friday ?

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 10:31 AM

Hey Moiraine, you havent answered Rikards question: what city are you from ??

Moiraine 01-29-2001 10:38 AM

I have been living in Grenoble since I came here as a student (15 years already ! Time is flying ...).

My mother's family is from Nancy (NE), my father's family is from Nice (SE).

Charlie 01-29-2001 10:44 AM

Hi Moiraine.

Yes, I replied yesterday. I actually had problems sending a reply but it went in the end. It may be on your works P.C.
Please let me know.

Melusine 01-29-2001 10:44 AM

Charlie yes I couldn't agree more (on the Scots I mean), they're a lovely people (to the extent that you can generalise a people anyway), I've been there on holiday. Felt I had a bond with them as the Dutch are also often accused of greed and penny-pinching (wholly unjustified you understand).
God I would love to be able to imitate some of Britains lovely accents (I study English and my nativespeaking tutors have a range of accents from Australian, Glaswegian, Cockney, RP, Birm...what's a Birmingham accent called again? etc. which is hilarious)

Lucre 01-29-2001 10:48 AM

SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY
SORRY CHARLIE
SATAN TAKING PISS ON Mark,Tom and Travis Show by Blink 182 Utter Class.

Charlie 01-29-2001 10:53 AM

Lol.

Brummie is the word you're looking for. yes I too find it comical . Sorry any Brums, but it is a funny accent, again, good people tho'.

Must say, I'm most impressed by your knowledge and mastery of English. I'm sure you'll do very well in your studies (read and imagine this post in a Brummie accent).

Melusine 01-29-2001 11:02 AM

Brummie, yes that's it!
Well thank you very much for the compliment but I'm not THAT good, and anyway they're expecting me to be near-native speaking once I graduate (which I ought to do in 2 years .... whoops!)
Anyway, speaking of funny accents... I'm walking on dangerous ground saying this on a board full of Ozzies, but "Strine" always does it for me!
You know, when they come up to you and ask : Emma Chissitt? and you think they're mistaking you for some other lady when they're actually trying to enquire after the cost of some item?

Melusine 01-29-2001 11:09 AM

BTW now that we're on the subject anyway, Moiraine, may I tell you that your English is REALLY good for someone from France? Not trying to imply that the French by definition are bad at languages, but on the whole they have trouble with it. That's logical, as they have no real need of it, as have the English and German. These languages are so big that the need to learn others is less urgent. This is not the case with the Dutch; they better learn their languages damn well or no one will be able to understand them.
But I'm rambling off again...sorry, I was saying, last week I was talking to a French woman in the subway and like most French, she was hardly understandable. Therefore you kind of stand out to me, your English being as good as it is...my compliments!

Charlie 01-29-2001 11:14 AM

Lucre.

No need to apologise to me my friend.

There is nothing that you said or could say that could hurt or offend me....I've seen too much in the past... don't worry. Enjoy yourself, enjoy life.

Best wishes.

Blink182 01-29-2001 11:22 AM

This is Lucre i have a new username it is much better plus i don't get the abuse.
I still have the Lucre username so if its Lucre or Blink182 they're both me.

Moiraine 01-29-2001 11:31 AM

Melusine,

Thanks !

But, you know, my reading/writing English is MUCH MUCH better than my hearing/speaking, since I have quite nobody to talk to (apart from a American from work now and then), even if I always try to watch movies in original version. I shiver thinking about all the weird accents you and Charlie speak about ... Brrrrrrrrr ! I wouldn't understand a thing !

And besides, playing AD&D, working with computers AND not being by far patient enough to wait for all the great Fantasy book being translated ... that was what really put me into it. I was no more than an average English student at school, and the first I have read in English was VERY hard. And now I am SO glad I have made the effort !

Besides, you wouldn't believe how silly translated AD&D vocabulary can be ...

paladino 01-29-2001 11:33 AM

I'm the sole israeli guy (i think)

Moiraine 01-29-2001 11:36 AM

Great ! A new country popping in !

Welcome aboard, Paladino !