Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Limited Wish... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49940)

Dee Lawn 01-06-2001 02:58 AM

Where can I get the limited wish spell? I read that Captain Dennis at the Delsonar Inn has something to do with it, but...I already wasted him. I want that spell in my spellbook! Any help would be appreciated.

bpm07 01-06-2001 04:04 AM

You can buy it from the woman in the Adventurers Mart, near the bookshelves

Tobbin 01-06-2001 04:07 AM

I don't remember exactly where the limited wish spell was in the game, but it's not a spell you can put in your spell book. When you cast it, a Djinni will appear and give you a list of some options that you can choose. There are some permanent effects and there are some non-permanent effects. I think it would be cool if they could add the actual spell in the game, but I'm sure they figure it would totally unbalance the game by allowing you to cast it every time you sleep.

Bowmarc 01-06-2001 05:06 AM

Actually, thats not true. You can copy Limited Wish to your spellbook. Like any other level 9 spell.

What will restrict you is your characters intelligence. A character with low intelligence can only study a certain amount of spells. You may have run into this. And, if your intelligence is not high enough, you cannot study some levels at all - and this is probably the case where you're concerned. Lower intelligence also affects your ability to learn new spells.

But, don't despair. Getting annoyed at this I simply went and bought potions of Genius! take a few potions before studying anything, and you will have an intell of about 25. You can now study as many spells as you want, and of any level.

This helps you also with Experience - I store up my scrolls, and study them all at the same time, scoring upwards of 100,000 xp per attempt!

Enjoy.

Tobbin 01-06-2001 07:04 AM

Hmmm. I didn't think of that. My intelligence was 17. Maybe that's why it didn't allow me to copy it. I'll have to replay it so I can get the scroll again. That would be cool to put in your spell book.

Memnoch 01-06-2001 09:06 AM

Limited Wish is a Level 7 spell, not level 9.

The only reason you'd want to copy a level 9 spell to your book is if you've removed the cap. Otherwise you can't cast level 9 spells except from scrolls.

G.W. 01-06-2001 01:55 PM

Wow, so you can wish every day!!!

Holy Mage Wah 01-06-2001 02:08 PM

I tend not to use Limited Wish since I had developed a sickness for effreetis and genies. They all suck and they can go to the nine hells. For those of you who haven't yet to cast the ninth level spells then I would recommend removing the exp AFTER you finished the game. (I don't want to be blamed for ruining your game )

Cleric 01-06-2001 02:14 PM

You must have a good wisdom too !
Hou lower the wisdom hou more you have the chance of horrible things.

I like this spell , if you use the repateble wish , "I wish that I summon a horde to overwelm my enemys" FUN!!! he summons about 25 BESERKER CHICKENS , FUN

I don't worry about the effects , I have a Wisdom of 21

G.W. 01-06-2001 02:23 PM

Cheater.