Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe- a conversation zone 2-1-03 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83999)

Cloudbringer 02-01-2003 08:47 AM

the original thread is here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p= ]

the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Kaltia 02-01-2003 08:48 AM

lo
Well, to celebrate my return I got first post in the cafe...Wo-hoo!

[ 02-01-2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

Horatio 02-01-2003 08:49 AM

I wanna dance...
[img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]

Talthyr Malkaviel 02-01-2003 08:50 AM

Boo!
I mean, err.. how is everyone doing? Well? Not-so-well? Personally I'm not doing too bad at all... and going off in a while to see a film. [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 02-01-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
I wanna dance...

I hope you keep your clothes on. :D

Horatio 02-01-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Horatio:
I wanna dance...

I hope you keep your clothes on. :D </font>[/QUOTE]Me too [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 02-01-2003 08:53 AM

HI all! We're starting fresh today!

I just want to remind everyone that this is a place for discussions, friendly conversations that you might have at a cafe over a cup of coffee or even a serious talk on some subject or rant.

I would like to ask everyone to keep the 'one liner' back and forth kind of stuff that's typical for message programs like yahoo or msn, to a minimum, please. We still like a bit of silliness, of course, but filling a whole cafe with it can be off-putting to people who might like to talk but don't want to interrupt your chat, even though it's not on anything major.

Anyway, HELLO EVERYONE! It's a somewhat overcast Saturday morning and I actually got more than 5 hours of sleep last night! WHOOOHOOO!

Kaltia 02-01-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Horatio:
I wanna dance...

I hope you keep your clothes on. :D </font>[/QUOTE]not as much as I do :eek:

Johnny, 'Ratio got it already, but here YOU go! [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 02-01-2003 08:54 AM

LOL, I swear I was composing my last post while you were all posting, so it isn't aimed at your posts!!!

Hmmm..do I just type incredibly slowly? Or are you guys just fastern' light today?! :D

SomeGuy 02-01-2003 08:57 AM

New cafe , yayness. How's everyone going? I'm tired cause I just got up and have a sore throat and runny nose.