Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Some 3D Models I did (Trek and Transformers) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79162)

Ziroc 11-20-2003 03:43 AM

Here is Soundwave: ( I drew it like the cartoon version looks, because I plan to make some 3D Transformer comics for fun).

http://www.tgeweb.com/downloads/mesh.../soundwave.JPG

Tankorr from Beast Machines:

http://www.tgeweb.com/downloads/mesh...tankorr_01.JPG

Star Trek Sabre Class Starship:

http://www.tgeweb.com/trek/images/Ship15_a.JPG

And the Steamrunner Class Starship:

http://www.tgeweb.com/downloads/mesh...nnerv10_01.JPG

RoSs_bg2_rox 11-20-2003 12:02 PM

my question is, how can u draw so well??? That is amazing

Xen 11-20-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
I second that! Hey Z! You know you have problems with keeping this forum up now and then... you seeem very talanted. Go draw for game companies(ID Sowtfare) for example or something like it...

Ziroc 11-22-2003 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:

<B>
quote:<HR>Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:</B>

Quote:

I second that! Hey Z! You know you have problems with keeping this forum up now and then... you seeem very talanted. Go draw for game companies(ID Sowtfare) for example or something like it...
I'd love too someday soon, I ALMOST moved to California, and worked for Stormfront Studios, but Glad I Didn't. They made Pools of Radiance II. Yuck! :) [/quote]
I wouldn't mind working on a Movie either.. doing animation, storyboards, clay sculpturing... But my damn back and hip problems are really messed up with pain a lot. If I can find a way to get the pain lowered, I'd be able to go do that stuff.. Ahh... that would be cool. :)

Stormymystic 11-22-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:

<B>
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Xen:</B>
<B>
I second that! Hey Z! You know you have problems with keeping this forum up now and then... you seeem very talanted. Go draw for game companies(ID Sowtfare) for example or something like it... I'd love too someday soon, I ALMOST moved to California, and worked for Stormfront Studios, but Glad I Didn't. They made Pools of Radiance II. Yuck! :)
I wouldn't mind working on a Movie either.. doing animation, storyboards, clay sculpturing... But my damn back and hip problems are really messed up with pain a lot. If I can find a way to get the pain lowered, I'd be able to go do that stuff.. Ahh... that would be cool. ;)

umm Z, not to sound strange or anything, but have you consider an Epidural? they do use them in men, My father in law had one when he got really bad ill, and they do help some people, but you have to have good insurance to afford it, that is the only draw back to them, they do work on alot of people :)

Ziroc 11-22-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:

<B>
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Ziroc:</B>
<B><B>
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Xen:</B>
<B>
</B>
I'd love too someday soon, I ALMOST moved to California, and worked for Stormfront Studios, but Glad I Didn't. They made Pools of Radiance II. Yuck! :)
I wouldn't mind working on a Movie either.. doing animation, storyboards, clay sculpturing... But my damn back and hip problems are really messed up with pain a lot. If I can find a way to get the pain lowered, I'd be able to go do that stuff.. Ahh... that would be cool. :) umm Z, not to sound strange or anything, but have you consider an Epidural? they do use them in men, My father in law had one when he got really bad ill, and they do help some people, but you have to have good insurance to afford it, that is the only draw back to them, they do work on alot of people :)

I've had four of them so far. the first one helped for a few Months--took the shooting pain away, but they don't last. I mean, I look and feel normal, just have pain in my hips and back. When I am on medicine, I am half-way back to feeling normal, but some days are worst than others. Glad I have a good pain doc. :)

mistral4543 11-25-2003 07:35 AM

Oh wow, that pic of Soundwave really brought back fond memories... he (or should it be it? :P ) was my favourite in the entire series, and I liked his casette-shaped dog and eagle.

I agree with the others, your models are state-of-the-art, Ziroc! :thumbsup2:

Sigmar 10-20-2004 02:23 PM

Neato Ziroc!

I'm digging the Soundwave :D ! Not to be picky, but the detail's perfect aside from the excusion of his shoulder mounted button.

Ziroc 10-22-2004 11:35 PM

Yep, I should render him out now--he has his shoulder gun--with rockets, and eject button with a space where tapes like lazerbeak can be inserted. (And his long gun too).

I am going for a cartoon look style here too--these are not meant to be flashy metalic rendered images like I've seen--those DO look awesome, but what I am working on is getting the whole G1 line done (NOT the pretenders) and using the 'look' seen in the Cartoon. Then, I'll start remaking my comics using them. Since I am working on mmmmaaaanny other projects, and 2 comics NOW (Durty Bug and Intruders on Earth) both my creations, the comic won't be released until 2006 or later. I'll post renders as I create new bots though, which is already underway. (I have 30+ of my own creations to model too) :D

T-D-C 10-24-2004 06:48 AM

Looking awsome Z. That brought back some fond memories of the early saturday morning cartoons.

Sigmar 10-28-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

Yep, I should render him out now--he has his shoulder gun--with rockets, and eject button with a space where tapes like lazerbeak can be inserted. (And his long gun too).

I am going for a cartoon look style here too--these are not meant to be flashy metalic rendered images like I've seen--those DO look awesome, but what I am working on is getting the whole G1 line done (NOT the pretenders) and using the 'look' seen in the Cartoon. Then, I'll start remaking my comics using them. Since I am working on mmmmaaaanny other projects, and 2 comics NOW (Durty Bug and Intruders on Earth) both my creations, the comic won't be released until 2006 or later. I'll post renders as I create new bots though, which is already underway. (I have 30+ of my own creations to model too) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nice nice :D

Ever need advice or whatever, just give me a shout.

Typically, Seibertron.com should be able to help you with any queries you should happen to have. Their transformer database is the best on the web, you're guarenteed to find all the G1 transformers there.

Also if you can, check out the new Dreamwave Tradepaperbacks which collect profiles of each and every transformer in the G1 conitunuity, essential stuff for a fan-fic writer! :D (failing that just check out the G1 series).

Ziroc 10-28-2004 01:20 PM

Yep! I have every issue pf the original TF comic series as well as the DW comics. Also have images of nearly every bot/con so I have something to go by. Its a HUGE archive I've been building since 1998 [img]smile.gif[/img] . Also have the entire DVD TF G1 series, which I will snap some shots of some of the characters at different angles I am missing.

Should be fun! I made up Boaticons and Aquabots YEARS before they made seacons or whatever.. and both of mine combine into a huge sub named Nytomoulous and Ghaistron! (Merging like Stunticons and the like) They each have bubbles over their heads too (the autobot boats do).

Then you have Stratacons--they kidnapped humans and tie them to their chest plates all spread out when going into battle--KNOWING the Autobots won't fire on them because they don't wish to harm the humans--or as megatron always said "foolish Flesh Creatures" I love that line. :D

Sigmar 10-29-2004 05:31 PM

Well, good luck then! :D

...As for the human armour... I'm suprised I've never thought of that! :D

Nice concept!

Mack_Attack 04-04-2005 07:09 AM

Wow good stuff I really liked the last ship. Nice colors and looks great. :)

Xaltar 10-17-2005 08:09 AM

Nice work, what apps do you use?

Are you into game modding/skinning/model creation?

Ziroc 10-17-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xaltar:

I used trueSpace back then, I now use 3DS Max for all my work. And yep, I LOVE making games, and I'm about to release a huge mod pack for my Neverwinter Nights mod, Escape from Undermountain, which will add new monsters, icons, placeable models, and tilesets (terrain). I would love to do this for a living. Its awesome..

Been modeling since trueSpace v1.0 back in 1994, and before that, used Deluxe Paint in 1990 :D . Man have we come a long way.. lol!!

I can Model, draw textures, UV map, animation and 2D art. I use Adobe Photoshop for textures.

[ 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Xaltar 10-21-2005 05:30 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xaltar:

I used trueSpace back then, I now use 3DS Max for all my work. And yep, I LOVE making games, and I'm about to release a huge mod pack for my Neverwinter Nights mod, Escape from Undermountain, which will add new monsters, icons, placeable models, and tilesets (terrain). I would love to do this for a living. Its awesome..

Been modeling since trueSpace v1.0 back in 1994, and before that, used Deluxe Paint in 1990 [img]smile.gif[/img] . Man have we come a long way.. lol!!

I can Model, draw textures, UV map, animation and 2D art. I use Adobe Photoshop for textures.
</font>[/QUOTE]Sweet, I have been doing skins, maps, items and stuff since 94/95. I think I enjoy modding more than actually playing the games ;)

I am looking for a better anatomicaly correct female torso for NWN. The ones I have found so far are just the ingame ones reskinned to look nude. The problem with that is that the breasts sit differently when not held up by clothes. They are way to high up on the models I have (even the jiggly ones). I am trying to make the skins look as real as possible but you can't do that if the proportions are wrong. Things like nymphs and dryads just look off....
I am getting 3ds max soon but do you have any idea what I will need to import/export to NWN?

Ziroc 10-22-2005 05:20 AM

2 Tools that are a MUST are:

NWNMax (THE #1 NWN Editing too)
http://nwmax.dladventures.com/

This has loads of tools too (Tileset tools mainly)
http://velmar.dladventures.com/veltools/

Yeah, I never even played the single player game of NWN at all. :) I just like making content..

I started modeling/skinning waaay back when Quake 1 was released, and made GI Joe skins :) Like Storm Shadow, and stuff. looked freaking cool.

Xaltar 10-22-2005 08:05 AM

Thanks; That is a great help: I will upload the finnished product once I am done [img]smile.gif[/img]

The first game I modded was Wolfenstein 3d when I was about 14 (it was already an old game tho ;) )

My 1st skins were in quake 2 so you got me there lol.

nice to be able to talk to another experienced modder :D

Ziroc 10-23-2005 12:16 PM

Oh yeah, I did some levels for DOOM 1, and was fun.. DOOMED v.99b ;) That was my first mod I think..

Can't wait to get NWN 2 next year, and I may mess with Half Lifes editor... sounds neat!

Keal 11-24-2005 10:16 PM

this 3d modeling stuff sounds interesting. how do you start in something like this. I do a lot of doodles and little comics, and crap like that. So is this a good thing for someone like me? (i'm mostly asking 'cause my dad keeps saying to me, Eric you need a plan for you life, besides skating and playing your bass, you need to start thinking of a real job)

Keal 11-25-2005 07:58 PM

I'm really interested in how to use some of that stuff

TheCrimsomBlade 12-15-2005 01:42 AM

Keal if your serious about art and want to get into the gamming world or just work in the art field check out this school site below. If you go here after graduation you can pick the game company you want to work for.

ACADEMY of ART UNIVERSITY
1-800-544-arts
79 New Montgomery st
San Francisco, CA 94105

www.academyart.edu

the spring classes start around Janurary 30 2006 for Animation and Visual Effects in computer Arts and new media

chech out the web site for complete imformation.
I have a friend that works for Bethesda Softworks and he recomended this school to my son and said if he graduates from the school he will have a job starting at over $100,000.00 a year to start or more. My son is in his second year now and can do things with a computer I never dreamed of.

manikus 10-29-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Some 3D Models I did (Trek and Transformers)

Hey Z, if you get a chance, can you post the screenshots again? Or maybe some from your new sci-fi models? :D