Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   evading imprisment or maze (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59223)

DaFirm19_Inch 11-22-2001 12:10 PM

topic says it all,...anyone know how to evade a imprisment or maze spell ? or is it impossible???

btw,..is there a change to the story line when ur playing the darkest day?

Tarox 11-22-2001 12:16 PM

IF you are a beserker you can avoid maze by enraging
but not imprisonment

Hmm the spell Protection from Magical Energy protects you though
-----I think (Not 100% sure cos i dont remember everything)

Barry the Sprout 11-22-2001 12:17 PM

Several ways I think:
1. Beserkers Rage makes you immune,
2. Protection from Magic Scrolls should sort out the problem,
3. Use a Freedom Scroll in the area they were Imprisoned in to let them reappear.

But with Maze it isn't a major problem if you get hit - it only lasts a few rounds so if you have won the fight in question by then then just wait for the character in question to reappear.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-22-2001 12:18 PM

Spell immunity (Abjuration) always works.

Xanthul 11-22-2001 12:59 PM

I dont think Protection from Magical Energy will protect you, id say that it only protects against magic damage... though im not sure 100%, i havent played for a while.

Melusine 11-22-2001 01:39 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
I dont think Protection from Magical Energy will protect you, id say that it only protects against magic damage... though im not sure 100%, i havent played for a while.<hr></blockquote>

Javi - they didn't say Protection from Magic Energy, they said Protection from Magic (the green scroll). This puts you in some sort of Otiluke's Sphere that doesn't allow Magic inside - so no spell protections either. Speaking of which, shouldn't Otiluke's Resilient Sphere protect you from Imprisonment as well? I never heard anybody mention it before, but I don't see why it shouldn't!
*bounces up and down* I discovered a new spell that protects from Imprisonment! *nyah nyah* [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ;)

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Melusine ]</p>

Tarox 11-22-2001 04:16 PM

Ooops I said Protection from Magical Energy
I meant the green ones you buy though !

Failing that boost your Save vs Spells saving throw (potions etc) will help a lot
My warriors played most of SoA on - saves and rarely failed saving throws against spells etc

Mitro Jellywadder 11-22-2001 09:53 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tarox:
Ooops I said Protection from Magical Energy
I meant the green ones you buy though !

Failing that boost your Save vs Spells saving throw (potions etc) will help a lot
My warriors played most of SoA on - saves and rarely failed saving throws against spells etc
<hr></blockquote>

Only one problem....there is no saving throw. ;)

SecretMaster 11-22-2001 10:29 PM

Imprisoment can only be released by freedom, but if you have high intelligence or wisdom, you can get out of maze in like 2 rounds.

Aelia Jusa 11-22-2001 10:30 PM

100% magic resistance works [img]smile.gif[/img]