Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   what are they?? (don't be afraid to spoil me) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13528)

DragonSlayer25 08-01-2003 06:12 PM

I have always gone with the Thieves but i was thinking of going to with the Vamps this time round. What goodies do they give you?(as compared to the Shadow Thieves)

Xen 08-01-2003 06:18 PM

Thieves->. Experience points and you get the Amulet Of Power,Elven Chainmail and Ring Of Protection +2 from Aran Livnail.

Vampires-> The only good thing is that they don`t attack you all the time. Otherwise,i think nothing.

Pyrenk 08-01-2003 06:19 PM

You can kill Aran Linvail for the Amulet of Power (excellent item, I'll post stats in a sec) and Elven Chain (great for Bards and mage dual or multi classes).

Amulet of Power:

While Equipped:
Magic Resistance: +5%
Vocalize
Decrease Spell Casting Speed by 1
Immunity to Level Drain

Not Usable By:
Thief
Fighter

ADD-Just forgot that Aran gives it to you when you join him. The Elven Chain is the only bonus, in that case.

[ 08-01-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]

Xen 08-01-2003 06:24 PM

You know I consider this as item spoiler. You could at least put some spoiler tags.
Oh well...
In general i think that the Shadow Thieves are better.
Oh and the boss is not Aran Livnail but [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] :D .

DragonSlayer25 08-01-2003 06:27 PM

so the vamps don't give you anything
bummer

Xen 08-01-2003 06:30 PM

I always join the Thieves unless I am Evil. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LennonCook 08-01-2003 06:30 PM

<span style="color: lightblue">For powergaming, Bodhi is better. You get the same items from the Vamps no matter who you work for, but from the Thieves, working for Bodhi you get an extra set of Elven Chain, a few Mage Robes of Fire Protection, PLUS the Amullette of Power and ROP + 2.
For roleplaying, I say flip a coin; or wait for a little while until some doors are finished. [img]smile.gif[/img] (although, that could be a lengthy wait)

[ 08-01-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]

Xen 08-01-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LennonCook:
<span style="color: lightblue">For powergaming, Bodhi is better. You get the same items from the Vamps no matter who you work for, but from the Thieves, working for Bodhi you get an extra set of Elven Chain, a few Mage Robes of Fire Protection, PLUS the Amullette of Power and ROP + 2.
For roleplaying, I say flip a coin; or wait for a little while until some doors are finished. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="white">

Correction:It`s not Amullette of Power,it`s Amulet of Power. :D

Like I said. Roleplay.
</font>

Dundee Slaytern 08-01-2003 10:30 PM

Working for Bodhi will also net you a... *GASP!* throwing axe +2. Whoopee... ...

Dadams1 08-01-2003 10:34 PM

I just finished killing Linvail for Bodhi in my new game as a Chaotic Neutral Skald, and I must say that it was much more interesting than siding with the Shadow thieves. Those darn Shadow thief mages gave me a hard time with their Death Spells though... I think Anomen and Keldorn must've been killed a combined total of at least 6 times hehe :D .