Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Send in the Bunny!!! Send in the Bunny!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10426)

pritchke 11-14-2002 01:32 PM

Experimenting with my second game I summoned a familiar bunny, Nibbles. He can detect traps and has stealth. Which are decent abilities and I like having my own pet however he follows me everywhere. Will I be forced to going through the game with this bunny following me around or will it eventually get unsummoned? I am using the bunnys stealth abilities but I have to keep watching it during battles or it will go for the eyes during battle and do no damage, and just get itself killed which is a bad thing I believe.

Sazerac 11-14-2002 01:38 PM

Talk to him and tell him you want to put him in your backpack. [img]smile.gif[/img] He'll take up an inventory slot, but he'll be safe. You can bring him back out when you need him to do something.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

pritchke 11-14-2002 01:41 PM

Cool! You can actually do that? Thanks!

Slizerio 11-15-2002 03:13 AM

My favoutie familiar is the Fairy dragon.
The neutral familars are practical.
They are: Squirrel, Ferret and Rabbit.
Beastmaster have find familar as an innate ability.

pritchke 11-15-2002 11:48 AM

Fairy dragons are cool. Remember Newt from the books, always causing mischief he was and playing jokes. I assume they can turn invisible at will, or cast and detect illusions in BGII? Do you need to be a certain alignment mage to get the fairy dragon, and are the familiars random I mean I guess there is no way to actually chose your familiar without doing a little modifing of the files? Why can't Jan get a familiar? Is it because he is a multi-classed mage or just because he is an NPC?

[ 11-15-2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Angelousss 11-15-2002 12:25 PM

npcs can't get fammilars(always made me mad cause i usually don't play as a mage) but proably because of party requirements(imagine a all mage party you, aerie, nalia, imoen, jan, kelsey now all cast find famillar you have 6 summons running around

Sazerac 11-15-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pritchke:
Fairy dragons are cool. Remember Newt from the books, always causing mischief he was and playing jokes. I assume they can turn invisible at will, or cast and detect illusions in BGII? Do you need to be a certain alignment mage to get the fairy dragon, and are the familiars random I mean I guess there is no way to actually chose your familiar without doing a little modifing of the files? Why can't Jan get a familiar? Is it because he is a multi-classed mage or just because he is an NPC?
Faery Dragon is for a Chaotic Good Mage. They can cast Invisibility 10' radius and something else now, I forget, but it's in the Illusion spell category. I think they can hide in shadows, too. He's also always after apple pie, if I remember. :D

-Sazerac

P.S. I think "Cat" is one of the neutrals...Chaotic Neutral, if I remember rightly.

"S"

[ 11-15-2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]