Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Last fight with Bodhi (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7890)

Arnabas 05-27-2002 01:05 PM

Well, here we go again. I finally got Jaheira (yay) and decided I could proceed to the last fight with Bodhi (it had been on hold for about 8-10 game days...) Now I have a new problem/ question:

SPOILER
I know that Jaheira is supposed to be taken and made a vampire. How does this happen? (Yes the romanceactive is at 2). When I go confront Bodhi, we do the usual dialogue, then fight. I kill her and she retreats to her coffin, where I finish her off. At what point should Jaheira become a vampire? During the battle? After? Before? Does she have to be in a certain spot? Does Jaheia have to go fight Bodhi alone while everyone else fights Bodhi's backup? Do I have to purify the pool of blood first? Help!!!
I am so needy... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir Exxon 05-27-2002 01:10 PM

<font color="gold">Hmm, weird.
When you enter the Graveyard, Bodhi and a few friends meets you there, right? Before you enter her 'dungeon'. That's when she is supposed to be taken.
Had your romance come that far at that point?</font>

Arnabas 05-27-2002 01:24 PM

Hmm... When I enter the graveyard nothing happens. I just walk to the crypt and enter. Hmmm. Maybe because I came during the day?

Sir Exxon 05-27-2002 01:42 PM

<font color="gold">Hmm, even more weird!
The first time you enter the Graveyard after returning from the Underdark, day or night, Bodhi should appear, talk to you, steal Jaheira if the romance had gotten far enough, make some vamps attack you, and leave. If this didnt happen, there must be a bug in your game. :( </font>

Arnabas 05-27-2002 01:56 PM

Ok, that's why... I went to the cemetary before I had the romance at 2. I remember seeing Bodhi there. Rats. Does this mean that I screwed up the romance again? Does this have to happen for the romance to continue?

Legolas 05-27-2002 02:09 PM

Same thing happened to me. The romance doesn't end abruptly if she isn't 'turned', but maybe it'll take away some dialogue at the end.
Play the game again with another class, and hope for better luck ;)

Helspanth 05-27-2002 02:46 PM

Bodhi should abduct Jaheira if you go to the graveyard after the underdark and if your Romance active is 2.
This however is NOT an integral part of the romance.You needn't fear about your romance.It is safe since you have passed the Dermin loop.
Just don't move to ToB before you sleep with Jaheira and receive the Harper pin.

Arnabas 05-27-2002 02:55 PM

Helspanth!!! Hey, I was hoping you'd show up with an answer! Lol
I did sleep with her and I got the pin. I just wanted to see "everything", you know? Thought it would be more fun to play that part. Missed it. Rats. Oh well, at least I got her finally!

Helspanth 05-27-2002 03:05 PM

Well it isn't a big thing anyway!
It is just that in the final battle with Bidhi there will be a vampire Jaheira,whom you have to kill.
Then SPOILER
.You go to the temple ruins and ressurect her.No big deal.
Glad you managed to complete the romance!
Now watch out for the ToB bugs....
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Hehehehe!No worry!The ToB part is bug free! :D

[ 05-27-2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Helspanth ]

Arnabas 05-27-2002 03:32 PM

You scared me there for a sec...