Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Mines and S-Castle (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59877)

alzukmar 11-18-2000 08:25 PM

Hey all,

I am stuck in both the mines and s-castle. Ok first the castle-There are two spots that are giving me a little trouble, first is the room up the stairs from were you meet the little wizard guy. There is a special lock on the wall which I have no clue how to open. Second, is the treasury! I am stumped big time and now am getting ticked at thoes dam chains. I know there is the one, say top left, bottom side of pillar that acts broken, which I assume is the check lever to see if you have the other chains right and will open the gate but I am not sure because it might be a reset. Please help me out with these.

Ok the mines- no real problems here except when I get to ratscalion (I cant remember the spelling here! which is something I have noticed on the board here that everybody manages to spell all the names of the NPC's right! which Is really cool! so I feel like a moron here) anyway I dont have the crank to lift or whatever it is. I have gone back through everything but cant seem to find anything. Does the little bugger have it on him! cause I am about to off him to find out but dont want to miss some kind of info. He keeps saying he aint say'n Nothen-cause he dont trust me. Well if he only knew he was about to get peppered with a few iceballs then he would start yappen! anyway that is were I am with that I have read the other post's about getting to the lava area so I assume that is were I am headed. Please dont spoil me I, if you dont have to. I allways kick myself later when using spoilers. Thanks for any help you can toss my way and travel well fellow adventurers!

Wyvern 11-18-2000 08:35 PM

Hail alzukmar!!!

Okay, castle first - you need what looks like a crank to use in that special lock up the stairs. Hope you are able (or have already found it). The chains, the chains. Okay - you noticed that one is sort of a "check chain" that is the very last chain you will pull. Go around an pull all the others. Go back and check which ones have gone back up into their original position and pull them down again. It really doesn't take all that long. When all the others are down, pull that "check chain" and you're in!

Raskallion - YOu do not need anything to get the lift to work. The crank is already there - it looks like a wooden wheel, just click on it and the lift will come down. once you are on it, click it again and the lift will go up.

Have fun!!
Wyv

alzukmar 11-18-2000 08:45 PM

To the honorable and good WYVERN!
Thanks for the quick response.
Here is an amulet of flight for your wise and freely given knoweldge.
I have one more quick question for you. I dont have that little crank for the lock so can you provide a hint as were to look for it.

P.S. Hey I like the Hail! now I just need the people at work to do the same. haha thanks again

Arno 11-18-2000 09:38 PM

Hi Alzukmar,

I don't know if I will be as much help as the legendary Wyvern re the crank but here goes. If you've run into Ardibren, then you have obviously taken the first door on your left by the pool. Int he room where the lift down is, there is a master key hanging on the wall. Left through the door are 3 rooms where you kill skellies and/or find chests, I can't really remember whether I found the crank there but check just to make sure! If it's not there, then go down the lift and run around the area down there, I didn't have much trouble getting the crank, it just popped up somewhere or somebody dropped it easily enough. Sorry I'm not as much help as Wyvern.

Cheers,
Arno.

Sloth 11-18-2000 10:13 PM

I found the crank right near there. Go down the lelevator from the room where you get the master key. Now go up the stairs and through the door on the left. I think the right one will not open. TThere is a chest in that room which should have the crank.