Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   News story... walking that fine line (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93061)

Bungleau 02-24-2005 09:31 PM

A Chicago-land news story about birth, child support, deceit... check it out here. All I can say is that I read the story, and I am just utterly amazed.

It does touch on a mature subject, so do be careful in your thoughts. It's not inappropriate per se, since it's an MSNBC article, but it's not something you'd find back in the kids section. Maybe in News of the Weird...

The real fun is in some of the opinions in the legal decision. Someone had to write that stuff... :D

Personally, I side with the guy. 'Tain't his fault, and he should not be paying child support on this one. I hope she gets some book thrown at her... somewhere.

Mack_Attack 02-24-2005 09:56 PM

So how old is the kid. Did she use the sperm right away to try to have this baby? If that is the case. I am not so sure that he should get off. I mean maybe they really did have sex and she just kept the pergancy from him.

Still need some more info for me to let him off. Besides he had an affair sham sham.

Kakero 02-24-2005 10:01 PM

If he couldn't get any kind of compensation. At least he has passed on on his legacy. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Dace De'Briago 02-24-2005 10:28 PM

Time to up the tone of this thread...

ALWAYS make sure they swallow.

Bungleau 02-24-2005 11:07 PM

Kid is apparently five years old. And while the story uses the word "affair", I don't see anything (again, not enough info yet) to indicate that it was an extramarital affair as opposed to a relationship. And for a third note, I think sperm has a relatively short life (2-3 days at most... yep, a quick bit of googling confirms that), so it's not like she had a lot of time to think about it.

And Dace, I suspect that's pushing this thread *right* up to the edge...

Mack_Attack 02-24-2005 11:39 PM

I did not think there was so many meaning to the word "affair". I have a feeling that he might have had a wife. But like you said not enough info.

RevRuby 02-25-2005 08:48 AM

A. it's absolutely stupid.
1. her using an oral deposit to create a child
2. him accusing her of stealing it.

B. poor kid.
1. has he thought about doing something other than just paying child support? like trying to be in the child's life?

C. ?
1. does this mean nathan can claim he never consented to me making children? once the "gift" was given it was my body that did the work. and since it was no longer his to control or take back is he really responisble?

ok alld one.

Q'alooaith 02-25-2005 11:46 AM

That's just sad..

If I was his position I'd ratehr than seeking compensation I'd be going to court over child support, since he was not informed of the child untill after the fact, basicaly she's not allowed him any visting rights to his child, meaning quite simply she's just in it for the money right now..