Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Wry Take On The Issue Of Quintesson Avatars (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91659)

Dundee Slaytern 09-16-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

The following has been made in jest in response to a certain animated signature. DSlaytern shall be annoying and not name the specific owner of the signature. ;)
So You Think Being A Quintesson Is Depressing, And That You Have It Bad.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili...sad/bigcry.gif

It Could Have Been Worse.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili...sad/ponder.gif

You Could Have Been...

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...ons/icon26.gif
... A MODERATOR.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//eek7.gif

A Few Hundred Posts As A Quintesson? HA! Try 4 Hammers FOR LIFE.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/mod.gif

A Moderator Made It To 500 Posts? 4 Hammers.
A Moderator Made It To 1000 Posts? 4 Hammers.
A Moderator Made It To 10,325,641 Posts? 4 Hammers.

Do They Get An Extra Shiny Hammer? No.
Maybe A Touch Of Glitz On The Handles? No.

Just 4 Hammers.

Insert animated .gifs of the Moderators' signatures hugging each other and crying.

So Please, The Next Time You Complain About The Quintesson Avatar, Think About The Poor Moderators.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//nut.gif

---- ---- ---- ----

;)

Hivetyrant 09-16-2004 08:50 AM

Well I actually dont mind the Avatar, I see the 500 post thing as more of a challenge than a burden :D
But when I get sick of it and complain then I might just think of you [img]tongue.gif[/img] Dundee
Bieng a Moderator cant you have a part in changing the Moderator avatar depending on their post count?

Stormymystic 09-16-2004 09:23 AM

hmmm, I didn't really mind the avatar, and I think all newbies should have to go through it :D but as for the 4 hammers, perhps you should all discuss it with z, maybe he might give you a ribbon or somthing when you reach a certain number of post?

did not finish my post :/ got distracted.... :D

[ 09-16-2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Hivetyrant 09-16-2004 09:26 AM

Hmmmmm, maybe you Ziroc should make me a Moderator so I can see what it feels like :D

Bungleau 09-16-2004 09:33 AM

At least you got a change to the hammers from the stars... :D But that is one of the sad things... once you hit the big time as a mod, you are done. No more levelling avatars for you! :(

Personally, I'm tired of the whiners crying about being in Quintesson Hell. It's nothing like it used to be... what with Mephistopheles in there now. Emerald Dragon Hell was a full 500 posts... and at least it switched to an emerald dragon from the green stars (or were they gems?).

Wimps :D

aleph_null1 09-16-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
but as for the 4 hammers, perhps you should all discuss it with z, maybe he might give you a ribbon or somthing when you reach a certain number of post?
So what you're saying is that Cloudbringer should have enough ribbons to make a cheap browser die horribly when they try to load...

... FATAL EXCEPTION! : Too many ribbons, core dump.

Paladin2000 09-16-2004 09:50 AM

The "pissing on the floor" avatar was a test to find out who have the will to endure it without complaining... just like me. :D :D :D

Dundee Slaytern 09-16-2004 10:01 AM

Just in case my original post caused any misunderstandings, I am not complaining about having 4 hammers. I was just being dramatic. ;)

/)eathKiller 09-16-2004 10:39 AM

I'm stuck with this avatar forever because my name's got a "/" in it! ;_;' So I know exactly how ya' feel Dundee!

Memnoch 09-16-2004 10:53 AM

Just be glad you guys didn't experience Stone Golem Hell. It wasn't pretty. People did pretty drastic and desperate things to get out of it. Though when Stone Golem Hell was removed, some people weren't happy for some reason. :D

[ 09-16-2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

/)eathKiller 09-16-2004 11:12 AM

One of these day's maybe I'll find a way of changing from a Takhisis Follower... but I doubt it...

Ideallly my Avvy would look like this :D

http://membres.lycos.fr/th8or/ShinoAvvyIW.gif
The Shinokorosha</font>

yeah... like that's gonna' happen...

[ 09-16-2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]

Gangrell 09-16-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
Just be glad you guys didn't experience Stone Golem Hell. It wasn't pretty. People did pretty drastic and desperate things to get out of it. Though when Stone Golem Hell was removed, some people weren't happy for some reason. :D
Wait a minute, I thought people wanted to bring back the Golem? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Pffft, wimps, back in my day we had no Quintesson avatars, we had the Emerald Dragon hell, but of course by the time I reached it, it went from 4 stars to an actual dragon :D

I don't mind the avatars coming after me, but there is one thing that puzzles me, why is Apophis listed as an avatar twice?

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-16-2004 12:02 PM

The Golem was cool!

You know Dundee, when I first looked at this thread I thought it was gona be a celebratery/ranty post for your 10,000th. But ohwell :D

And to answer your question, no, I don't like the quintesson...however it is better than the scared apophis and a few others. Let's just say that I'm not an egyptian fan, thats why you got so far ahead of me Stormy [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah 09-16-2004 12:51 PM

Hey, I shamelessly spammed to get out of that ugly avatar, and I feel no remorse!! No matter what you say, I think everyone did their fair share of spamming to get rid of less savory avatars! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dragonshadow 09-16-2004 01:50 PM

Quintession Hell was annoying. Log on: Purple Egg
Log off: Purple Egg

But I'm not a purple Egg any more! : [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] :

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
No matter what you say, I think everyone did their fair share of spamming to get rid of less savory avatars! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Me? Shamelessly spam? Never! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Timber Loftis 09-16-2004 01:59 PM

HEY ZIROC, why don't you change Dundee's avatar to four wet noodles for a while and see how he likes it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Look, anything is better than the old "I'm so surprised" Apophis. Now, *that* was hell. At least Quintessons are transformer-cool.

Attalus 09-16-2004 02:28 PM

I like my current avatar, the only one I hated was the One-Eyed Turd. There was some griping about that, IIRC.

Xen 09-16-2004 03:27 PM

I am neutral about that avatar. The avatar that was annyoing for me was that big Iron Throne. Or the Red/Emerald Dragon hell. But I spammed as hell to get past it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah 09-16-2004 03:30 PM

Hmm, still are it seems, Xen. So what's your excuse, now? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

dplax 09-16-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Hmm, still are it seems, Xen. So what's your excuse, now? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
His avatar now lasts a 1000 posts... He has to spam even harder than during Emerald Dragon hell.

Jaradu 09-16-2004 03:53 PM

I'm just glad Mephisto came in before I got to 1,000. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kudos to the mods - veeeery patient people [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . Could any of us handle one avatar forever?

Hmm... I don't think mods should change avatars; the last thing we need are them spamming! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kakero 09-16-2004 05:32 PM

I always thought that Moderators are West Ham supporters. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stratos 09-16-2004 05:37 PM

When did we have a Stone Golem avatar? Must have been before my time...

Cloudbringer 09-16-2004 05:44 PM

Ahh the bad old days of Stone Golem hell....LOL, I was past that level when it came in but boy was it amusing to watch. ;) I kinda liked the Egyptian god avatars. I wanted to keep the Bastet one. :D

Jorath Calar 09-16-2004 05:58 PM

Only Avatar I ever disliked was Krusk the Half Orc...

Oh and I'm really getting sick of these Egyptians... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Attalus 09-16-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
I am neutral about that avatar. The avatar that was annyoing for me was that big Iron Throne. Or the Red/Emerald Dragon hell. But I spammed as hell to get past it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
So you admit it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

wellard 09-16-2004 09:30 PM

Attalus, he openly admits making over 100 posts a day in the past. :rolleyes:

I actually like the one eyed eeerrr elder Orb. it is the coolest Avatar

Kakero 09-16-2004 09:58 PM

How about the lemon avatar? It look nice too. [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 09-16-2004 10:02 PM

Quinney back in the light again. It is not that bad now. At least it is not 500 posts. :D

Jorath Calar 09-16-2004 10:22 PM

Okey lets see the next egyptian... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[post 3400 for JC... yey... [img]smile.gif[/img] ]

[edit]ARGH!!! Its a cat with tits... ! :eek: [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] :D

[ 09-16-2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]

Dundee Slaytern 09-17-2004 06:04 AM

Hmmmm... the person who inspired me to make this thread has not posted yet. Maybe I should be direct and send a PM. :D

Hivetyrant 09-17-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hmmmm... the person who inspired me to make this thread has not posted yet. Maybe I should be direct and send a PM. :D
Maybe they are scared??? :D

Melusine 09-17-2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:

AND regularly admits to spamming because he wants a high postcount, inspiring my remark (in another thread) that apparently the f***ing Terms Of Service are now obsolete. I got no reply there, so I'm assuming that this is correct. We'll see.... ;)

Attalus 09-17-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellard:

AND regularly admits to spamming because he wants a high postcount, inspiring my remark (in another thread) that apparently the f***ing Terms Of Service are now obsolete. I got no reply there, so I'm assuming that this is correct. We'll see.... ;) </font>[/QUOTE]LOL, Mel, maybe Z will see this. We could start a "Xen, stop spamming!" thread, but he would probably [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] that!

Dragonshadow 09-17-2004 12:42 PM

Lemon avatar? SOur puss?
And the stoned golem...
Mm, yeah, too many egyptians... reminds me of a song I heard when I was about 10.

Sigmar 09-17-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
At least Quintessons are transformer-cool.
He's right you know.

Memnoch 09-17-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
Xen, might I give you some friendly advice? Keep this kind of information to yourself - the last bloke who openly admitted spamming for ranks (may have even been Rikard on that link I provided) lost 1000 posts off his post count. You don't want to go back to the Iron Throne again mate. :D

And Mel, language please. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-17-2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

aleph_null1 09-17-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis: At least Quintessons are transformer-cool.

He's right you know.

A transformer avatar wetting itself is about as cool as a fanny pack full of male organs...

... to be honest :D

[ 09-17-2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: aleph_null1 ]

Attalus 09-17-2004 02:06 PM

Hm, someone in authority is taking notice. Good. My favorite avatar of all time remains the Dracolich. Really cool. I rationed my posts (anti- [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] ) to put off losing it. :D

Sigmar 09-17-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aleph_null1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Timber Loftis: At least Quintessons are transformer-cool.

He's right you know.

A transformer avatar wetting itself is about as cool as a fanny pack full of male organs...

... to be honest :D
</font>[/QUOTE]ROFLMAO!!!

That's the first time I've looked at it that way! It's an anti-gravity energy beam actually! :D

I don't know why Ziroc opted to use Quintessons rather than Optimus Prime for example, I figure he's going after obscure characters from different places. Like Ra the sun god, I mean, who's ever heard of him?

[img]tongue.gif[/img]