Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HELP! Can't duel class (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59249)

Chrispi 11-23-2001 02:58 PM

I would like to duel class a fighter to a mage, for the obvious reasons, I am playing a human fighter, I ahve the requisites for a mage, (I think), but I start of the game and can't dual class, where as when I pick up Yoshimo, he can dual class. What is happening.
Thanks

Madman-Rogovich 11-23-2001 03:07 PM

Hm im not a great fan of Duel classing..but if i remember isnt yoshimo level 11 when you meet him what level are you in this scenario because i dont think at the lower levels you can duel class atall i certainly dont think its wise... better to wait till yer an Azzkikr ( my drow elf assassin 's name!)

Chrispi 11-23-2001 03:13 PM

What level do you suggest? Cause you start off at level 7 or 8, not bad really. Also say if I was a kensai fighter could I dual class to a conjuror?
By the way where abouts in scotland you from?

Chrispi 11-23-2001 03:27 PM

What level do I have to get too in SoA before I can dual Class then?
Thanks

Madman-Rogovich 11-23-2001 03:41 PM

im not 100% mate but ill bump this so someone else'll tellya

JR Jansen 11-23-2001 04:33 PM

You should be able to dual class at any level, wether that is wise is another thing. For fighters i would recommand to dual at level 9.
The reason why you can't dual class can be one of the following.
1. You are playing a non human char. (not applicable in your case)
2. You are playing a class that can't dual class, like a paladin.
3. You are playing a class that can't dual class to a mage, like ranger.
4. The prime requisites for the dual class aren't met. You should have 15 in the prime requisite for the first class (in your case the fighter class), and iirc, that has to be strength, and 17 in the prime requisite of the second class (in your case mage), wich is intelligence.
5. Their is an alignment requisite (not applicable in your case but mostly forgotten by people who want to dual to a druid)
And you can dual to a conjurer.

Chrispi 11-23-2001 05:28 PM

U rock Jansen, you are the ono. [img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/1drowndead.gif[/img]

Chrispi 11-23-2001 05:30 PM

U rock Jansen, you are the ono. [img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]

JR Jansen 11-23-2001 06:30 PM

Just curious, but what was the problem in this case of dual classing ?

Chrispi 11-23-2001 06:37 PM

It was the high scores in the stats for each class. Doh. Anyway you've played ToB right, and SoA, so what is the best weapon or weapons to specialize in for dual weilding, and if i dual class to a mage from a fighter, when the xp levels equal out and i can use the fighter things again, can i add proficiences to the fighter weapons and take them up to GM level?
Thanks [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]