Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102628)

Lord of Alcohol 11-05-2018 05:22 AM

Red Dead Redemption 2

Anyone playing this? I've got it on PS4 and it's a lot of fun. Not to give away spoilers but I just found the 1900 version of the Hailey-Bopp comet cult. I also play GTA5 online if anyone else does my PS name is Intoxoman.

robertthebard 11-05-2018 12:12 PM

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm playing AC Odyssey. Gotta say, I'm really loving it. I've been following the press on RDR 2, but I didn't play the first one, so it's not on my radar, for now.

Lord of Alcohol 11-05-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1250875)
I'm playing AC Odyssey. Gotta say, I'm really loving it. I've been following the press on RDR 2, but I didn't play the first one, so it's not on my radar, for now.

I didn't play the first one either. You don't need too, it's really pretty immersive story wise and you can also "freelance" in between the story missions. I do have to say the controls took me a bit getting used to, they are different from GTA5 but once you get going it's damn good, you should try it after you're done with the AC

robertthebard 11-05-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol (Post 1250876)
I didn't play the first one either. You don't need too, it's really pretty immersive story wise and you can also "freelance" in between the story missions. I do have to say the controls took me a bit getting used to, they are different from GTA5 but once you get going it's damn good, you should try it after you're done with the AC

I might, but they took AC to full on RPG, and with over 300 hours in so far, I still don't have 100% on my main save. Of course, I get distracted with "what if I do x instead of y", and all the different build ideas, gah.

Lord of Alcohol 11-06-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1250877)
I might, but they took AC to full on RPG, and with over 300 hours in so far, I still don't have 100% on my main save. Of course, I get distracted with "what if I do x instead of y", and all the different build ideas, gah.

I've been distracted by hunting game and well just about everything. I haven't got to fishing yet, I reckon like you in your game I'm in no hurry.

robertthebard 11-06-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol (Post 1250878)
I've been distracted by hunting game and well just about everything. I haven't got to fishing yet, I reckon like you in your game I'm in no hurry.

Yep, and my gaming budget is sort of limited, and I sort of blew it over the last couple of months. I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider when it dropped, and then Odyssey, my gaming budget is about tapped for now.

Lord of Alcohol 11-08-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1250879)
Yep, and my gaming budget is sort of limited, and I sort of blew it over the last couple of months. I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider when it dropped, and then Odyssey, my gaming budget is about tapped for now.

Yea my budgets tapped too with my health issues. I guess we're the only people left here :P

Epona 11-28-2018 05:34 AM

Hey I just stopped by here to see if anyone was still around... love to both of you, it's awesome to see you both still here. :D

Epona 11-28-2018 05:41 AM

LOL my signature no longer works. Good to see you here LoA - you're a friend if that is ok :)

I am delighted to see you 2 here - This place has so many memories, does anyone keep in contact with Cloudbringer or LadyZekke or Moiraine or Davros or Donut, Melusine, Wolfie, Yorick? If anyone is in contact with any of those people please let them know I would love to hear from them. Life is too short to let friendship slide - PM me if you know me and want my email address. Love you all.

robertthebard 11-28-2018 10:45 AM

Now see, LoA, I was going to suggest that this would have been the perfect time to raid Z's liquor cabinet, and then people start showing up... Good thing I didn't get around to suggesting it, or we'd have been busted.

Hi Epona. I haven't been in contact with much of anyone other than Z over the last couple of years.