Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Slight problem with new game (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11376)

Buster_Wiz 01-24-2003 12:15 AM

Hey, I recently bought ToB, and I decided to play a game (unfortunately, my hard drive got fried and I had to start from scratch)sooooo, I am playing through SoA again with the tactics mod installed (Ilytch mod is a B****! by the way) Anyways, here is my problem. In this game Irenicus has recently acquired the dialogue scripts of Noober! Instead of doing anything productive, or having any dialogue with him, he says something like,"Hey, sign my t-shirt" or, "I want to be an adventurer too!" and casts a spell or two then poofs like when I exited from the Irenicus dungeon, he simply asked me to sign his t-shirt, cast one spell on Imoen, and grabbed her and dimension doored out. No Cowled Wizards, nothing.

My questions are this,

1) is there any way to fix this? Or any insight on how this happened? All I have installed are SoA, ToB, Tactics Mod, Ease of Use,and Item upgrades. I have not gone into the SoA directory and messed with the dialogues or anything like that.

2) Can I finish a game like this w/o any adverse side effects? Will it corrupt later on? And can I actually finish a game?

Thanks,

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 01-24-2003 12:24 AM

That's sounds like part of a mod(I forgot which one) that just skips a lot of his initial dialogue to make the dungeon go faster. Don't worry.

BTW I feel you on that Improved Ilyich.

Lord Demerol 01-24-2003 02:12 AM

It's part of the "Ease Of Use" MOD - I don't remember the exact name of the specific component, it's something like "Faster Chapter 1 & 2 Cutscenes and Dreams". You can run the "Setup-Ease.exe" again and choose to uninstall this specific component.

Vedran 01-24-2003 03:51 AM

It doesn't appear that they put much effort in making the component. There are better dialogs than Neeber's.

Annatar 01-24-2003 06:23 AM

Its a part of the Darkest Day mod, Its pretty funny though... ''I wanna go to the Underdark, ive heard they got cool stuff there :D '' ect.

so no bug or a fix needed..

Buster_Wiz 01-24-2003 08:22 AM

Phew, thanks guys

McHaggis 01-24-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Annatar:
[QB]Its a part of the Darkest Day mod..[QB]
I just wanted to correct you that it isn't part of TDD, it's part of Ease-of-Use, as Lord Demerol statet above.

Annatar 01-29-2003 09:26 AM

ow okay... didn't knew I have the ease of use mod installed then (does it come with TDD pack then or what?)

Sir Exxon 01-29-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Annatar:
ow okay... didn't knew I have the ease of use mod installed then (does it come with TDD pack then or what?)
<font color="gold">Oh, not at all. See here. ;) </font>

Annatar 01-30-2003 06:43 AM

Can't remeber installing the ease of use mod though, but still have Irenicus say like ''I wanna go to underdark en sign your shirt'' thingies so... but I will install the ease of use mod.. ads a lot of easy mods (its al in the name :D )...

question.. will probaly find in in the readme file but I'm lazy.. do I need to restart a new game with the ease of use mod?