Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Staff of fire(?)--absurdly overpowered? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49870)

G.W. 01-04-2001 03:04 PM

Stats: +2 THACO, +2 damage, 20 charges of fireshield, 20 charges of summon (lesser?) fire elemental. This is a pretty incredible item to give to your main tank, if only to hold for the charges, and it is found planar sphere quest. Fireshield is powerful because you can cast fireballs carelessly at the enemy without fear of much damage.

Cleric 01-04-2001 03:24 PM

Do this staff realy exist ???

One ANGRY lil' man 01-04-2001 03:36 PM

I do not know if this will work for you but I exhausted all the summon charges and when I went to sell it they offered 800000 gp for it.

One ANGRY lil' man 01-04-2001 03:39 PM

Overpowered HAH look at the staff of domination 20 charges of domination and I think 2+ thaco and +2 damage.

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-04-2001 05:24 PM

we are beast so that we aren't be beast
hm your latin isn't great

anyways
a real overpowerd weapon is the crom feayr

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-04-2001 05:32 PM

There are 3 elemental staffs- air, fire and earth, as well as 3 elemental control rings.

And I think the most overpowered weapon in the game is the staff of the magi. Have you realized that wielding it your mage is UNKILLABLE in MP games ?? Just stand invisible forever, cast some spells and become invisible again. Combined with the robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power to shorten your casting times, IT ROCKS.
Another overpowered weapon is a sword i found in shadowkeeper, called something like blackarm. 25% probability to : drain level, increase strenght by 2, haste yourself and something more. Dual wielding it ROCKS.

Scooty69 08-10-2001 10:05 AM

So where are all these staffs located?

Tancred 08-10-2001 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ertai, Wizard Adept:
There are 3 elemental staffs- air, fire and earth, as well as 3 elemental control rings.

And I think the most overpowered weapon in the game is the staff of the magi. Have you realized that wielding it your mage is UNKILLABLE in MP games ?? Just stand invisible forever, cast some spells and become invisible again. Combined with the robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power to shorten your casting times, IT ROCKS.
Another overpowered weapon is a sword i found in shadowkeeper, called something like blackarm. 25% probability to : drain level, increase strenght by 2, haste yourself and something more. Dual wielding it ROCKS.

There are the occasional few creatures that can see through invisibility - anything with the ability to cast true sight, beholderkin, those damn kua-toa... but yes. Without a doubt, one of the most powerful weapons in the game - odd, because a mage would very rarely use it to hit stuff.

As to the overpowered sword, sounds like Blackrazor +3, an exceptionally powerful longsword. If you play the game properly, though, you only recieve it very, very late in the game, and you probably will never get to use it.

deathknight 08-10-2001 08:55 PM

Funny that people still post about how over powered the crom faeyr is. I mean I adore the thing. and in the start of the game when you need alot of punch in melee it would be sweat but I would not say its overpowered. You get it late in the game and your party is very strong by then. IMHO there are many more items that are much stronger. Robe of vecna,ring of gaxx, staff of magi these items can have a huge impact on the character using them if used properly. Heh robe of vecna can be store bought. Now when you talk about over powered items thats one I would put on that list due to the ease of getting it compared to its strength.

JimJ 08-11-2001 07:06 AM

Robe of Vecna? Staff of Magi? Where are these things? I think I've been everywhere and I haven't seen these. Are these only in the collector's edition?