Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need help! Code Red! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1921)

RetroDude987 03-03-2002 10:24 PM

Ok, so here it is. I got Xan in my party and he's doin pretty good level 4 I think it is, anyway I put five spells on his book and their is another spell that I really wanna put on it but I can't. It's the level one magic missle. I can't get it in. He has an intelligence of 17 and the other spells are color spray, charm person, armor, burning hands, and larloch's minor drain. If their is ANY way I can get that spell to him even by cheating tell me por favor.

Thankee

Downunda 03-04-2002 03:43 AM

Welcome to Ironworks dude!
The reason you xan can't learn magic missile is because he is an illusionist (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and this particular school of magic won't let you use spells from the magic missile school.

If this is the case you also will not be able to use fireball either. You can use gatekeeper to change this but I wouldn't recomend it (cheating's wrong in my book) - in the end it's your game though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 03-04-2002 05:15 AM

<font color="cyan">Quite correct, Xan cannot utilise the absolutely brilliant, Magic Missile.</font>

SixOfSpades 03-04-2002 10:14 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Downunda:
The reason you xan can't learn magic missile is because he is an illusionist (someone correct me if I'm wrong) <hr></blockquote>

Okay, I will. You were close, though, Downunda: Xan is actually an Enchanter, which means his "Opposition School" of magic is Invocation, a school that includes Magic Missile, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc. This means that Xan CANNOT scribe those scrolls to his book, although he CAN cast them directly from the scroll, or use Wands that give the same effect. Two other spells that Xan can't cast are Stinking Cloud and (I think) Web, which do not come in Wand form.

Dynaheir is the opposite: She is an Invoker, and therefore cannot cast Enchantment spells, such as Sleep or Charm Person, both of which can be VERY powerful, and she also cannot learn Conjuration spells, either, which means she can't do any Monster Summoning....although, again, you can find Wands of Sleep and Monster Summoning.

Choices, choices.

Downunda 03-05-2002 02:49 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

Okay, I will. You were close, though, Downunda: Xan is actually an Enchanter, which means his "Opposition School" of magic is Invocation.
<hr></blockquote>

I knew it was one of those :D
BTW Xan is also from the school of pessimism so he cannot cast any spells from the positive school [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

RetroDude987 03-06-2002 02:51 PM

So their is NO way I can get that spell to him? Yay or Nay?

Thankee

Lavindathar 03-06-2002 03:33 PM

<font color="cyan">In a word.

NAY</font>

SixOfSpades 03-06-2002 10:05 PM

You can't get the spell to his spellbook, no. But you can put the scrolls in his Quick Item slots, and cast them that way--you'll even get the multiple-missiles based on the caster's level, something that the Wands of Magic Missiles do not do.

djein the all powerfull 03-08-2002 03:42 AM

if you realy want to give him the spell get gatekeeper and change his class just dont get tempted to any thing else or it would make the game to easy and boring

djein the all powerfull 03-08-2002 03:46 AM

if you realy want to give him the spell get gatekeeper and change his class just dont get tempted to any thing else or it would make the game to easy and boring