Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which character do I want to level? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100282)

Larry_OHF 12-18-2008 09:05 PM

Which character do I want to level?

<font color=skyblue>Hello! My characters have been collecting dust for the past few years in the server archives and mention of them still exist on the Team IW thread that's sticky'ed to the the forum.

I began with the half-elf Itzelt who is a cleric that later picked up some fighter experience due to the hardships that Undermountain puts one through. She is a level 11 in her Clerical studies and has managed to come up to a level 6 in the art of physical combat.

Rat was another of my creations that I allowed some time in the Undermountain explorations. He is a gnome who could do nothing more than pilfer and plunder until he got to work in Undermountain. Now, his abilities at plundering and pilfering have leveled up to 10 and at the same time he's had to fend of the constant torment of Undermountain's residency which has earned him 6 levels in fighting skill.

Of these two characters, I would like to work on getting one of them at peak levels, though I am not turned off to the idea that a new character needs to be born. If it were one of these two, would you agree with me that Rat has more of a chance than Itzelt does, and therefore should be my primary work? If not, what do you suggest for somebody that is trying to get back into the swing of Undermountain?</font>

Ziroc 12-19-2008 02:37 AM

Re: Which character do I want to level?

Full fledged Fighter! Or a Rogue are probably the best bets first.. Get those suckers up to 40 man! XP in EFU is like water.. do a few quests and you'll be dinging often! :)

I've added a lot of Quests since you've been on--try the 'get me some lumber' quest in Waterdeep--he's the Carpenter redoing his house--follow the water area and you'll see him. He'll also give you a VERY helpful magic item!

Larry_OHF 12-19-2008 09:51 AM

<font color=skyblue>Thanks for the advice. I think you may have something there, since my best characters prior to the server-only PCs were a fighter half-orc and a rogue shadowdancer (my fondest memories of EfU are with that rogue...). Maybe I'll get back into those roles where I do best.</font>

Mozenwrathe 12-20-2008 07:17 PM

Both.

The answer is how much time do you want to spend on each per week? I mean, equipment is hardly an issue, as most of the regular players can give you more than enough SPARE kit to make you just about immune to your foes... until you hit Level Eight (The Underground Forest). Then you are pretty much on your own. I have a few characters I have been slowly working on leveling - one is a stalwart worshipper of Those Above Whom Are Wise and the other is a bounty hunting maiden from the Forbidden East.

Larry_OHF 01-02-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1223815)
Full fledged Fighter! Or a Rogue are probably the best bets first.. Get those suckers up to 40 man! XP in EFU is like water.. do a few quests and you'll be dinging often! :)

I've added a lot of Quests since you've been on--try the 'get me some lumber' quest in Waterdeep--he's the Carpenter redoing his house--follow the water area and you'll see him. He'll also give you a VERY helpful magic item!

<font color=skyblye>Okay, I've decided on a rogue this time around because I like playing the sneak attacker better than the grunting tank. Now...when you said rogue, are you implying NOT to specialize in either assassin or shadowdancer? </font>

Greything 01-02-2009 03:40 PM

The good news is that there are nice light armours, robes and daggers around for Rogues.

The bad news is that it is all high end stuff and hard to get. Go for the Christmas gifts while you can.

My own favourite in the Rogue line is Rouge/Bard/RDD. It doesn't hit hard but with a bit of care you can get both the Epic Dodge and Dev Crit feats. Very nice if your sneak attack fails.