Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Question from a newbie to this series (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61945)

Larry_OHF 05-04-2002 05:07 PM

<font color=skyblue>Do I have to know about previos storylines of Morrowind I and II to be able to fully enjoy this game? I know nothing of this game, and their website doesn't load up very well. Anybody wanna educate me ?</font>

Dreamer128 05-04-2002 05:15 PM

Not really. I don't think the story connects to the previous games. Though some knowledge of the elder scrolls universe is always handy.

Larry_OHF 05-04-2002 05:59 PM

How would I gain that basic knowledge?

Kezardin 05-04-2002 09:26 PM

Larry_OHF,

one way to get background info is to try and buy a cheap copy of the game REDGUARD, which included a book with an extensive coverage of Tamriel, including several pages on Morrowind itself.

Kez

vesselle 05-04-2002 10:58 PM

i have a MUCH cheaper way, hon. go to THE source (no, not the official site.... bleah.. it has no background)...Xanathar or as his site is fondly known, m0use

he has EVERYTHING you need to know about TES universe. he should, he's been a rabid fan, collecting everything since the series began. you also might find some stuff at Bethsoft. (bethsoft.com) but its pretty filtered. yknow, not the "i played it and beat a zillion times" kinda knowledge, more of the official stuff, tho.

have fun!

V***V

:eek: :eek:

ps: OMG! MaryBeth is sooo cute! and you are getting what you deserve with a wicked little sweetheart like her! ;)

pps: just get MW and play it. its wonderful!

ppps: while Redguard is fun and has some background, its not really considered a part of TES. its more of a kissin' cousin. if you get it, be sure to be prepared to mess with the settings ALOT.

i pulled it out several months ago to replay and gosh.. no sound, and everything was running off on software. i tried slo-mo even, but it was a real headache. and that's on all 3 of my machines. i'm surprised it wouldnt run on at least one of them. eh! now that i have MW, its moot anyway.

:D

sorrry to go on a rant! ;)

[ 05-04-2002, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Dreamer128 05-05-2002 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
How would I gain that basic knowledge?
Its not that important. There are just some unique races.
Let me first give you a very short version of the history: Tamriel is a colorfull world where all the races just go about their ways. But one day, Tiber Septim becomes the new Emperor of the Imperials, and in a matter of years, he has conquered most of Tamriel. You land in the Morrowind province, home of the Dark Elves. If you want more info on the races, I suggest you check the Morrowind main page.

the sauceman 05-05-2002 08:22 PM

I jut checked out Xanathatr's site cause im kind of (really) new to the ES series...
OH MY GENTLE JESUS!!!!
that is the most stuff written about anything, ever!
damn, that guys got a lot of time on his hands! ;)

The Kiwi 05-05-2002 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I suggest you check the Morrowind main page.
Good luck. It's been mostly broken for several days. Slower than molasses in January and the menu system doesn't seem to connect to much any more. Not only that, but several menu options that formerly were there are gone. Just a waste of time trying to go there.

And something else. Bethsoft itself is completely offline.
-
-
Kiwi
-

[ 05-05-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]