Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Finishing animation (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101355)

Hayashi 02-09-2010 01:58 AM

Finishing animation

My party was fighting an ogre somewhere in the Brecilian forest. We were whittling its health down when all of a sudden the game seemed to go into slo-mo and Sten executed a back flip and plunged his sword into the ogre's chest & finished it off.
I was surprised but delighted to see that. I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar in the game?

ElfBane 02-09-2010 05:28 AM

Re: Finishing animation

Yes. I've even seen Leliliana do a finishing animation. I *think* they only happen against "red letter" monsters.

robertthebard 02-09-2010 07:36 AM

From yellow and up, you can get this animation. I have seen a vid posted on the DA site that shows two characters doing it at the same time, also on an ogre. Any melee equipped toon can perform a finishing move animation.

DrowArchmage 02-09-2010 09:36 AM

I've seen it a few times, i like the finishing animation on the brood mother.

Aelia Jusa 02-09-2010 03:31 PM

Yes, it is cute the first time, but not every time after that when there are other enemies to kill and the person doing backflips is too busy showing off instead of helping! ;)

Olorin 02-11-2010 12:46 AM

I first saw it against the Ogre in the Tower of Ishal...one of the 'Tower Guard' types finished off the Ogre.

Much cooler when my DW Rogue PC did it to the High Dragon though.

Olorin 02-11-2010 12:47 AM

I first saw it against the Ogre in the Tower of Ishal...one of the 'Tower Guard' types finished off the Ogre.

Much cooler when my DW Rogue PC did it to the High Dragon though.

Luvian 02-11-2010 02:36 AM

It can only happen if the killing blow is a melee auto-attack. It doesn't happen on click skills, ranged attacks or spells. On Elite bosses it is a 100% chance but on lower stuff it's a lot lower.

I like it personally. I usually try to make sure my killing blows are auto-attacks to make sure I get them.

CerebroDragon 02-14-2010 12:07 PM

I don't think I got one until the final battle of the game, strangely enough. Found it amusing then, but wasn't especially thrilled with the set-piece itself (which felt like a recycling of the dragon fight on the battlements from Dungeon Siege II).

I actually first saw the animation during the marketing/hype period for the game on youtube. It's kind of cheesy when you think about it, but fun.