Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Brood Mutha, Hush your mouth! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101272)

Chewbacca 01-03-2010 10:55 PM

Brood Mutha, Hush your mouth!

So I finally got the controller back from my wife who decided to start playing DA:O now that she beat Okami. ( one of the most beautiful looking and creative games on the Wii/PS2)

Spoilers ahead!

So I load up my team down in the dead trenches, pound on some darkspawn and dwarf spirits and then enter the Brood Mother's lair only to get pounded upon myself in good order. Yikes, watta mean looking momma! So how'd you all do in this battle?

Luvian 01-03-2010 11:01 PM

Re: Brood Mutha, Hush your mouth!

I stood back on the rocky parts where the tentacles can't reach and used some ranged attacks. Once she was about to die I put everyone on hold and sent my main character to give the killing blow in melee for the kill animation. :p

robertthebard 01-04-2010 09:10 AM

Ranged FTW. Morrigan can be your best friend here, so long as you can keep everyone out of the AoE's.

Chewbacca 01-04-2010 12:47 PM

Ranged huh? I guess Allister will be a front row spectator until those Hurlocks show up from the wings. I've got Wynn and my PC Mage ready to pump spell juice into mama til she bursts! :D

robertthebard 01-04-2010 01:47 PM

You could always give Al a crossbow.

Arcalian 01-04-2010 10:53 PM

This battle killed me more times than I could count, before I figured out that I should take care of the waves as they came. Leave the big bad broodmama alone until you've rode the waves, so to speak. First the tentacles, then darkspawn, then tentacles again, then darkspawn again, and finally broodmama. It is, I'll grant you, a pain.

robertthebard 01-04-2010 11:48 PM

I just used my PC and Leliana with bows, Morrigan with pwnage, and Alistair with a crossbow, until the darkspawn came. I did the Storm of the Century on her once, that was kinda funny. If you get lucky on the timing, and freezes, Shatter Shot and Death Arrow can help some too.

CerebroDragon 01-08-2010 01:43 AM

I was very fortunate with this battle - won it on the first time with only two warriors left standing (my PC warrior champion and Alistair). Main method was just tanking on the tentacles at first to destroy/weaken them with Wynne as support, then as it got more chaotic retreat when necessary and turn to ranged for the last quarter.

I'm guessing most gamers would have noticed the similarity this encounter had to a certain Centeol from BG. Not exactly the most original, but then again, neither was the inclusion of Werewolves in the Brecilian Forest, which I think was much more credibly handled in TotSC.

robertthebard 01-08-2010 09:34 AM

I think the Brecilian forest was well handled, and well explained. In fact, it's perfectly logical to assume things went the way they did, considering where the Curse spread from.

Chewbacca 01-08-2010 10:20 AM

Yeah, and TotSC had a lack of Tuvock. :P