Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   which one to pick (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46687)

whick3 07-28-2004 04:39 PM

my last party was simple but yet not fun at all, heh so here is my new party

fel sam
mook ranger
hobbit gagget
THE BIG QUESTION

whick3 07-28-2004 04:41 PM

i've had anyone in my party with out divine, so shoud i go lord, or monk

whick3 07-28-2004 04:42 PM

for the lord i would go mauler/de and work on my divine skills out, if i used my monk it would be just punches, no weapons

so which is is the better choice

the lord swing mauler/de

or a monk with barefists

which one woud you pick for the party of

sam,ranger,gagget

whick3 07-28-2004 04:43 PM

woot, i made dungeon master!

Randall 07-29-2004 06:29 AM

Monks are a lot of fun when they start critical hitting the bad guys left right & centre but they cast from the psionic realm, not the divine realm

It's lord or valkerie you want for divine spells

[ 07-29-2004, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Randall ]

Nightwing 07-29-2004 07:22 AM

The Lord would be my choice, or dump the gadg. and add a lord and monk. Mauler and Diamond eyes is a great combo. Monks also can knock out their opponent which happens often.

Scatter 07-29-2004 09:48 AM

Neither. Go with only 3.

Krull 07-29-2004 02:28 PM

I would go with Nightwing. I went with Lord, Samurai, Ranger and Monk and had a fun time with all four magic disciplines covered.

The only thing different was that I tried one of Atlus7's Battle Mage builds which was Human Samurai with Staff of Doom.

Yes, I know it wasted his Sword bonus but he was very powerful and a lot of fun, more like a souped up Mage but could wear decent armour and still fight on the front line. Just go to the Umpani Base first after the Monastery to get a Hayai Bo until you can get the SoD. Or try your luck in the Mountain Wilderness early on, if you dare.

brianward420 07-30-2004 02:36 PM

a party of lord, monk, sam, fae ninja
is absolutely deadly
probably the best group you can assemble, or very close
of course that's as long as you get all the spells so you can buff the crap out of everyone!
especially if you start off the ninja with the samurai weapons and some ninja garb, it helps him a lot
then monk is hands and throwing
samurai and lord can use whatever you can scrounge up or buy at the beginning

Nightwing 07-30-2004 04:04 PM

That is a great party and fun to play. The only reason for the fairy ninja is the CoC and after that you lose the thrown crits. Try another race and use swords or duel nunchuks and build your throwing. Ninja are very deadly with thrown crits. You could easily swich the Ninja with a ranger. At higher levels the ranger is simply deadly with a strong bow and Mystic arrows.