Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Good ipod apps (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93678)

Mr. Mopery 06-01-2005 09:55 AM

Just curious what applications were worth getting. I don't do much with my ipod except listen to stuff so I don't need anything uber-fancy. But any thoughts on the topic would be welcome.

Also, I've got itunes 4.7...is it worth updating to 4.8?

/)eathKiller 06-01-2005 12:46 PM

It is. You'll notice a few little tweaks here and there and there's a cool button that lets you view cover art while the song plays. I'm a huge iTunes users myself. I lost all my music recently though :( Don't forget: Always back it up!

Lord 06-02-2005 06:30 PM

i've been wondering this for a few days, so i might as well ask it here. Those iPods that you can see on ebay that cost like $50-$80 and the description says that the're brand new...are they real or are they scamming you? I mean, why would they sell a brand new ipod for that cheap.

Kynaeus 06-02-2005 06:49 PM

Most likely they are attempting to sell you a player that has been refurbished to "brand new" condition.

Also, I would not recommend buying an iPod. I just recently received my Creative Labs Zen Micro and let me tell you, it is friggin SEXY. I love it! Much better than an iPod, it just doesn't have any games (though someone could program pong for it)

Sir Goulum 06-02-2005 09:04 PM

Nah... iPods all the way. I still have to fill my mini up. Not even halfway full.

Lord- Probably scamming, but you could get one of those iPod shuffles. 250 songs or so, size of a key I think.

T-D-C 06-02-2005 11:11 PM

Hey I got a 1GB Ipod Shuffle. Its about the size of one of those USB flash Drives. I get around 12hours of music on it.

Sir Goulum 06-02-2005 11:14 PM

The only downer with those things is you can't ttell what song is playing, and unless you memorize the order, you'd have to scroll through every song to find a specific one.

T-D-C 06-03-2005 12:15 AM

Well its a shuffle and I only put on it songs I like. It then plays them in random order. You can skip ahead and skip back.

It also has no screen so they have a fantastic battery life.

All I need it for is music. I know the songs that are loaded on there so I don't need a screen telling me what song it is.

Kynaeus 06-03-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Nah... iPods all the way. I still have to fill my mini up. Not even halfway full.

Lord- Probably scamming, but you could get one of those iPod shuffles. 250 songs or so, size of a key I think.

I would present my entire case, but I'm lazy and I doubt anyone would care.

Lord 06-04-2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:

yeah, but i have at least 1500 songs (sorry, I don't count them manually [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) that I currently want to add, so a shuffle wouldn't work out; i also just don't like the concept of the shuffle. I guess I'll end up buying an ipod this summer, although I don't really wanna pay $300 for one.