Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Final Conclusion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57906)

Daniel_M 10-19-2001 05:55 AM

Ok so i started a new SoA game and i created a player with the following attributes:
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Allingnment: Chaotic Good
Class: Kensai
STR - 18/64
CON - 15
DEX - 14
WIS - 10
CHR - 9
Prof's
Long Sword - ***
Tow Weapon Style - ***
Is this okay?

Skunk 10-19-2001 06:11 AM

Only 66 points? That's a VERY low role.
My highest role was 93 and with that I got

Strength 18/76
Con 18
Dex 18 - very important for AC bonus! (esp. for Kensai!!!)
Int 15
Wis 15
Char 9

LongSword *** (Good choice)
Two Weapon *** (Good choice)

I definately would NOT settle for 66 points in total - I wouldn't settle for anything less than something in the 80's....

Skunk 10-19-2001 06:14 AM

ps - welcome to the board!

Dundee Slaytern 10-19-2001 06:19 AM

STR: 18/~~
CON: 18
DEX: 18
WIS: 10
INT: 10
CHA: 8

tehmpus 10-19-2001 06:19 AM

Your rolls are pretty shoddy. Take 10 minutes and roll up something decent.
Remember STR DEX and CON are important for a warrior class. You'll find something for charisma early in the game, plus there are multiple ways for improving STR later on as well. So, I'd say DEX, CON, STR in that order should be your highest scores. INT WIS and CHR can be around 10 or so.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe

Skunk 10-19-2001 06:24 AM

INT and WIS are provide some limited defence to mind spells like stun (and you don't want too low an intelligence rating because that matters with one particular class of enemy (NO SPOILERS PLEASE - THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A NEW PLAYER!)

Daniel_M 10-19-2001 06:28 AM

But i thought if you had a low level Charisma and wisdom for a fighter it didnt matter, cause they dont have to learn mage spells, and you can always get charisma boosting items

Dundee Slaytern 10-19-2001 07:19 AM

Low WIS, INT and CHA is fine for a fighter. Besides, the Priest Spell, Chaotic Commands, will handle those creatures, and there are plenty of INT boosting potions.

So I say 10 each.

MrO 10-19-2001 07:41 AM

Ya did fine.

While my respected colleagues are correct and you would do better with higher stats, you should still come out okay with what you have.

Really when it comes down to it, you can play with a character with 3's in all their attributes becuase 1) there are a ton of stat boosters out there and 2) it's a game where you learn to make up for deficencies. It will be Easier if they were all 18's too... Much easier, but you don't need to.

I think you will have a very playable character with what you have, though I'd make sure that when you find a Cha booster, you give it to your character to help with prices and reactions.

Mr. O

------------------
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Fav NPC: Minsc
Fav Character: Sorcerer

Lifetime 10-19-2001 08:13 AM

Actually I'm not sure if wisdom does anything more in the game than provide priest spells for clerics and druids, and affect a few minor dialouges. It sure as hell doesnt lower your vulnerability to magic or improve your saving throws as it probably should.
And how many people have used a kensai as their very first character I wonder..
I know I have..
Try to go for a 18/00 or 18/90+ in strength and 18 in dex, 16-17 in con.
The rest is up to you to roleplay as you like (smart fighter, dumb fighter, ugly fighter..)

------------------
No-Name Face