Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fav Character (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3003)

Dron_Cah 04-20-2003 06:35 PM

Name: Dron Cah

Class: Paladin

Level: 1

Strength: 18/99

Dexterity: 18

Constitution: 18

Intelligence: 7 (paladins see black and white, so that seems kind of stupid. hmm, maybe that's more of a wisdom thing? oh well. ;)

Wisdom: 13

Charisma: 17

Large Sword: **

Bow: **

Dragonshadow 04-23-2003 04:03 PM

My first dude ever:
Darnall
Falfelf theif
Levl... erm.. 1
STATS (roughly)
STR 10
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 7
CHR 12
As you can see, he is quite flawed.

ThaddeusKarine 04-23-2003 10:06 PM

name:Thaddeus Karine (Imagine That)
Half-Elf
Ranger
Level:8

Strength:16
Dexterity:15(18 w/ gloves)
constitution:14
wisdom:16
Intelligence:11
Charisma:13(15w/ cloak)

long sword:**
Bow:**
ax:*
spears:*
(he uses a sword)

Armen 04-25-2003 11:04 AM

Currently distracting me from my proper party game is a solo character:

Gnome
Cleric/Thief
Levels 1/2

STR 18
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 17
CHA 11 (13 with cloak)

His name is "Munchkin" . . . . .

;)

moiraine sedai 04-26-2003 10:26 AM

Like this is gonna be hard to guess....

Moiraine Sedai

8th Level Human Mage (female)

STR: 14 (for carrying loot)
DEX: 18
CON: 18
INT: 18
WIS: 10
CHA: 10 (bring on the 'friends' spell...)

Sling + 1, Robe of the Good Arch-Magi (Chaotic Good), Quarterstaff +1,
and that lovely lvl 1 spell doubler ring....<drools a little>

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai

Arledrian 04-26-2003 02:59 PM

Just as an aside, Moiraine... you don't need 18 constitution when playing a mage, thief, cleric, druid, or bard. A score of 16 will still give you maximum hit points, allowing you to put those two extra ability points elsewhere.

Raistlin Majere 05-07-2003 04:16 PM

This powerful character made in the time when i was CrAzEd with the dragonlance novels:

Lord Ariakas

Str: 19
Dex: 17(18 w/dex gauntlets)
Con: 19
Int: 19
Wis: 13
Cha: 14(16 w/a certain cloak)

Base HP: 96
Base Thaco: 13
Thaco with regular long sword: 7
2 ApR

I made him a berserker in SoA and dualed him to mage at 11. by the end of SoA, he was truly awsome. In ToB, he was virtually unbeatable(Demogorgon fell to his knees weeping for mercy! Bwahahahahahaaa!). Unbeliavable starting stats, 95!

Dace De'Briago 05-08-2003 11:19 AM

I may as well tell you now that there is a charisma bug in SoA/ToB if you can be bothered to exploit it.

This allows you to wrap any charisma around to 25.

I wont give you the details of HOW to do it, you can have more fun finding that one out for yourself.

This means that:

(5*18) + 3 (Charisma stat) = 93 points

Are all you need for a perfect character.

After going through Baldurs Gate, you should have:

STR 19
CON 19
DEX 19
WIS 21
INT 19
CHA 4

Well, depending upon your race. Like I said, CHA will wrap around to 25 if you do things a certain way... giving you an INCREDIBLY powerful character.

Anyway, this was just a mild introduction to powergaming. Prizes for guessing the best class to start as :D

Myrddin L'argenton 05-23-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
I may as well tell you now that there is a charisma bug in SoA/ToB if you can be bothered to exploit it.

This allows you to wrap any charisma around to 25.

I wont give you the details of HOW to do it, you can have more fun finding that one out for yourself.

This means that:

(5*18) + 3 (Charisma stat) = 93 points

Are all you need for a perfect character.

After going through Baldurs Gate, you should have:

STR 19
CON 19
DEX 19
WIS 21
INT 19
CHA 4

Well, depending upon your race. Like I said, CHA will wrap around to 25 if you do things a certain way... giving you an INCREDIBLY powerful character.

Anyway, this was just a mild introduction to powergaming. Prizes for guessing the best class to start as :D

Paladin!

Dace De'Briago 05-23-2003 04:51 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Myrddin L'argenton:
Quote:

Paladin!
Not quite :D Unfortunately, Paladins are not able to be dual-classed... which takes them from the powergaming equation right away. Big downer :(

However, there is a rather attractive mod available in Shadows of Ahm that allows you to choose a kit for a fighter called... anti-paladin. Needless to say, you must be evil :D

If you want to play a VERY powerful (overpowered) character, creating a evil fighter in Baldurs Gate is probably the way to go - by being evil you can roleplay some rather nice choices that will let you attain godlike powers.

The most powerful individial all round character is probably a high level fighter/mage or and fighter/thief dual class. I think that the Kensai, anti-paladin or the wizard slayer kits are probably the best to play with if you intend to powergame effectively... then just dual class at a high level.