Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Spoil me! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101167)

Arcalian 11-12-2009 09:46 PM

Spoil me!

Spoilery spoil spoil I need spoilers.

In case it ain't clear yet, this a spoileriffic question. So for those who are avoiding spoilers themselves, look away!! Look away!!!!

Okay.

I keep hearing over and over and over about how your choices early in the game affect the ending. So does that mean if I don't handle some quests in exactly the "right" way, does that mean I will fail to prevent Loghain from seizing the throne??

Luvian 11-12-2009 09:49 PM

Re: Spoil me!

Well, no. But it can effect who gets the Throne, or who you have on your side when you face the blight.

It also has a slight effect on how you are welcomed back to your Origin's city when you go back there in the main story.

Arcalian 11-12-2009 09:51 PM

Thanks....details?

Luvian 11-13-2009 12:16 AM

Well it's complicated. But for example if you are a male human noble, you got the support of the nobles, and you didn't kill the Queen's father yourself (Loghain) there is the possibility of wedding her. If you are a female you could have the possibility of ending up with the illegitimate son of the former king depending on how you play your cards. You also have the possibility of playing matchmaker and getting a new husband for the Queen. etc.

As for your Origin. If you take the more evil option and betray your people you won't have a very warm welcome when you come back looking to recruit them in your army. Also for example in the mage origin if you helped your friend get away he will be able to help you in the future when you meet him again on your return.

And as for the recruitable factions. In almost every cases you get to chose between two sides. Sometimes if you are not careful you can also end up with no help from that faction. An example is if you reveal to the mages/templars that you are a blood mage. Both side turns against you.

Also. I haven't finished the game yet but important characters get a prologue and an ending when you complete the game. What happen to them depends on your choices through the game.

Arcalian 11-13-2009 01:25 AM

Many thanks!

Arcalian 11-13-2009 06:40 PM

And if you do make any of the "wrong" choices, you won't get help from, say, the Reavers or Werewolves in the final battle either, I take it.

Luvian 11-14-2009 02:16 AM

It's either the elves or werewolves.

Sparhawk 11-14-2009 10:09 PM

I'd like a spoil too...though a slightly smaller one - I have found a nice little staff that I'd like to buy...but a 131 gold is a bit heavy...any thoughts on making money?

robertthebard 11-15-2009 08:56 AM

I still can't afford anything 100 sovereigns yet, but I'm about half way there. Don't buy anything. Wait for drops, which come a lot. Bump the lock picking and Cunning on your rogue type, and open everything you can. There are also a couple of nice items that can be had if you bump your convo skill.

Luvian 11-15-2009 02:23 PM

Sell your Blood Dragon armor and the named weapons you find. ;)