Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Scabban Quest Credit (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32474)

The Ooze 11-10-2003 04:17 PM

I've been playing Wizards & Warriors for a week or so now and finally made it to Ishad N'Ha but could not exit through the gates. I came to this forum for help and found that BrianC had the same problem. I used the tip you sugested to him and it worked a treat. But, having gone back to Valeia and accepted new Quests from the Town Hall and the Wizards Guild, I find that I can't get credit for the Scabban Quest. I've been back to him (luckily I didn't kill him before) and asked him everything I could, but still get no credit for it. Should I just give up and accept that I won't get anything else from that particular Guild or is there something else I can do?

bsftcs 11-10-2003 05:38 PM

Hello and welcome to the board, The Ooze. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Nice to see that our techies continue to hit the mark. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have heard other reports of people encountering the Scabban quest bug. It should be one of the words that triggers the completion of the quest although I believe no investigation has never been conducted into which word exactly does the trick. If no word helps then killing the trigger should trigger the action. That works with most everything else in the game, but I have heard that that sometimes does not work in connection with the Scabban bug. In this topic a former forum member found a solution that worked in that particular case. I hope it can be of assistance. [img]smile.gif[/img] Do keep us posted.

[ 11-10-2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]

ZaRos 11-10-2003 06:13 PM

I have done the scabban quest a few times now... and lately i've stopped talking too him before attacking, I have finished the quest every time...
Go slay the insane world wide dictator wanna-be, and all will work out [img]smile.gif[/img]

ZaRos 11-10-2003 08:18 PM

And by the way welcome aboard [img]smile.gif[/img]

WillowIX 11-11-2003 08:20 AM

Ahh good ol' freudianslip. *consider putting "Yes yes yes.." on answering machine. ROTFL! Anywho, I think the answer is in that thread. Oh and welcome to the board The Ooze. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

The Ooze 11-11-2003 08:13 PM

Thanks guys. Must have been the room all the time!
Sure did feel good to rid the world of his ugly mug after all that trouble.

And thanks for the warm welcome too.

bsftcs 11-11-2003 09:14 PM

Glad you made it. Keep us posted on your progress. We are always here to help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bungleau 11-11-2003 09:18 PM

Yeeeeehaaaaa! Chalk up another one for the good guys and gals of IW!

Glad to hear you made it past. Now go out there and catch some worgur for dinner, wouldja? :D