Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ironworks Gaming is in negotiations (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79995)

Ziroc 07-05-2002 04:48 PM

I was approached last week, from a VERY LARGE Company that wants to buy me out. (They want the name Ironworks Gaming).

*This Company is one of the 10 largest Companies in the World.

Now, this is VERY SERIOUS. But I wanted to run this past you all. Here is what I could do. Sell the name to the unnamed buyer, and maybe become EXTREMELY wealthy (I would not sell for under 3.8 Million US Dollars), and as I said once before, if I EVER got enough money, I would expand this site 1000x fold, but it would be under a new name.

With the payout I could possibly receive, I could:

Change name (I have another Strong and catchy name in mind) and use that, and continue with what I am doing, BUT with a 'small' change:

1. Enough bandwidth to allow 100,000 on at ONE TIME here and my webareas
2. Have my _OWN_ ISP with Chat servers, DEDICATED Gaming servers and tons of other stuff.

3. Start my own Internet Cafe /Comicbook Store
4. Have enough money to get good medical care (Figure out why I hurt all the time--I just went in for a 'bone scan' this morning)
5. Pay off ALL bills, House... Not live in debt.
6. Buy Choc a friend [img]smile.gif[/img]
7. Buy a 2003 Audi TT Roadster :D :D

I was just wanting to let you know. This is a TOTAL shock to me guys.. and it's a ONCE in a lifetime thing for me. I am not 'selling out' per say, but selling my name. I have another sweet one in mind too! (I don't know if 'ironworksforum' would fall under the same name buy, that is something I will discuss with them. It would be nice to keep the forums name, but who knows.

As I said, this is SERIOUS. Not a joke at all. I have hired a small team of lawyers that will council me on the negotiations, but if they won't meet my bottom-line of $3.8 Million, Ironworks Gaming stays right where it is forever.

Do you think I should ask for more? or not? I cannot go into WHY this company wants the name, but I can say that they will be selling lot's of stuff under the name Ironworks Gaming.

Any ideas? and advice?

PLEASE remember that this is just a name we would sell. I'd hire a team afterwards to get our NEW name out in print, mags, and in all the search engines so we will stay on top. I'll continue to keep doing all this stuff, and if I did sell, THINK OF THE SERVERS we will have? HELL, I may even just open my own ISP so the servers are HERE where I can watch them like a hawk! :D

But I am going to get a Audi TT Roadster or a Honda S2000. Dunno which! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't think one way or the other though yet.. wait a week or so. It may not turn out.. Don't want to jinx it, huh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Loumistro 07-05-2002 04:54 PM

I think you should do what you want. You could sell the name and get the money, then rename it if you want but you should do what you want.

Go ahead and make up your mind it is your website.

Talthyr Malkaviel 07-05-2002 04:55 PM

Well, Ironworks may be part of the sites history, but that's exactly that history, we will still remember when it was ironworks, and like you said you've got a new name- Heh I expect some time down the road it won't be blueboarders telling of the good old dyas, but the Ironworkers. ;)
I say go for it, you've got a good idea for a new name too, and when you're talking about that much money, you could do a load of new things for yourself and the site.

Calaethis Dragonsbane 07-05-2002 04:56 PM

Take the money! and change the name to IRONWORK GAMING. lol; leave the 's' off... *whistles and walks away* but seriously, do what you want...

Loumistro 07-05-2002 04:56 PM

Besides how much are they offering you. lol.

and maybe you should ask for more. Besides how much are there on this board.

And you keep getting more every day.

Yorick 07-05-2002 04:58 PM

Why are you even pretending to run it by us you lucky bastard! :D Good on you Dan! Wonderful news. [img]smile.gif[/img] Congratulations bro. :D

I know I wouldn't care what the site was called. A rose by any other name.....

It's the content, and the people that make the place great, so you should be one very happy camper with this offer my friend. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moiraine 07-05-2002 05:00 PM

Wow ! That's some news ! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

I really dunno what to say ... if this is serious ... well, do it ...

I can't believe I just said that, me who never never throw away anything because of memories ... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Moiraine ]

Sir ReGiN 07-05-2002 05:00 PM

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] ..man this is some news!
Of course you should sell! Who cares what name we have, it'll still be good 'ol IW if you know what I mean ;)
What a great chance for you Ziroc, and you must be some lucky guy for choosing to call the site Ironworks all those years ago (or year, whatever [img]smile.gif[/img] ) who would've known it would make you a millionaire?! :D
Congratulations Z! You really deserve it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Let's just hope they agree to pay the sum you ask for.

Mouse 07-05-2002 05:05 PM

Dan, if you can work this out grab it with both hands!!!!

I hope it all pans out - you deserve it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

/)eathKiller 07-05-2002 05:07 PM

Wow Ziroc, we always knew that one day this place would payoff! and to belive it was becase of the "Ironworks" part of the old blue board all the way back when... well GEEZ i say it's worth a go, but a little more than 3.8 million, whatever remainder of the cash you find left over, you should invest some and the rest should go int the bank to collect intrest! YIKES MAN! Good luck and my prayres are with you!