Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   WOW (World Of Warcraft) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101449)

Monis 04-17-2010 11:57 AM

WOW (World Of Warcraft)

After soon 6 years in this game i now find the time to quit it, as i se it now it is the same over and over gain with new Emblems (Frost) this time to get gear it looks like it only are about gear score now in the game the new "dungeon finder " do it even more boring to do daylis i have done tons of them and many times not one say a word the whole run and all must go so fast that if you even try pic up the "loot" from trash you are a "slacker" .

Well and the ICC is boring too done the whole place 12 bosses in 10 man and 10 in 25 man same boring it is well its only a rant from me :)

And i also seing peoples who ackt like "kidds" in the trade channel only annoying and bad behaviour there too looks like only 10 % is normale folks who "try" make the game ok to play but that is all, i have no fun in it anymore so i guess i cansel the sub. pretty soon.

PS" i Have 7 lvl 80's so i know the game good and average GS is 7300+ on them all.

Regards

Memnoch 04-18-2010 03:14 AM

Re: WOW (World Of Warcraft)

7300gs? Wow. I can't even get to 6000 yet and I'm on Lich King!

Hivetyrant 04-18-2010 04:43 AM

He must mean wow-heroes.com gearscore, I don't even know if 7300 is possible without 25-heoic lich king gear

SpiritWarrior 04-18-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monis (Post 1239584)
After soon 6 years in this game i now find the time to quit it, as i se it now it is the same over and over gain with new Emblems (Frost) this time to get gear it looks like it only are about gear score now in the game the new "dungeon finder " do it even more boring to do daylis i have done tons of them and many times not one say a word the whole run and all must go so fast that if you even try pic up the "loot" from trash you are a "slacker" .

Well and the ICC is boring too done the whole place 12 bosses in 10 man and 10 in 25 man same boring it is well its only a rant from me :)

And i also seing peoples who ackt like "kidds" in the trade channel only annoying and bad behaviour there too looks like only 10 % is normale folks who "try" make the game ok to play but that is all, i have no fun in it anymore so i guess i cansel the sub. pretty soon.

PS" i Have 7 lvl 80's so i know the game good and average GS is 7300+ on them all.

Regards

You been playing too long and too much. It is the best MMO on the market hands-down but it only remains so when played in moderation. I take months of breaks from the game then come back, sometimes after 2-3 major patches go in, so I have a new experience. Sometimes I just go play another game for a few weeks.

Clearly you are burnt out with WoW. I suggest freezing your account and playing something more depthful and preferably offline, like Dragon Age or Bioshock 2 or Mass Effect or w/e floats your boat. Something that reminds you why you play games. Raiding and showing up for runs can become a job - a monotonous one at that which you don't get paid to do. Work is not the reason people play games, so if it feels that way, get out.

I predict you will be back, just not soon. The love affair us gamers have with WoW is both love and hate. Yes, the game is an endless circle of collecting things that equal recognition. Just like all other MMO's. They use this formula to demonstrate uniqueness in a world filled with many of the same vanilla players. Kids suck, and have infiltrated all MMO's too so welcome to the internet. Maybe DDO you would like...although the basics are still the same - collect stuff to become "better" and "cooler".

Sparhawk 04-19-2010 12:55 PM

I used to work 24/7 with this game ( admitted I DID sleep a bit from time to time - but alas I dreamed of wow then...sprinkled with some nude girls... )

I woke up on day and simply said enough...have not touched it since - anyways my point in regards to this thread is simply to ackowlegde SW's answer as it is indeed correct. Blizzard themselves write it on the loading screen - Everything good is taken in moderation - even world of warcraft.

Memnoch 04-19-2010 03:42 PM

What's continued to make it interesting for me is three things:

1. I'm now one of the senior officers in my guild and we have gone from struggling in 10man Kara when I first joined to having 4 x 10 man ICC groups (where we are 11/12) and an ICC25 group (8/12) that is always overbooked. Helping to remake and grow the guild and help us become successful (we are now in top 20 on server when before we weren't even in the top 100 probably) by intelligent recruitment and setup of raids and other activities has been hard work but also rewarding personally.

2. leading raids. I've gone from being a raid noob 2 years ago to leading and running ICC raids as I pretty much had to learn most of the encounters from the ground up. I'm far more comfortable raid leading ICC than even the easier raids like Naxx etc or even ToC. Having to figure out raid balance, best buffs, etc was something I didn't really know how to do before. Raid leading brings its own set of challenges and rewards!

3. Playing other toons. I now have 6 80s (rogue, tank/dps DK, tank/dps warrior, prot/ret pally, feral/resto druid, arc mage) and a mix of all types (ranged, melee, tank, healer etc). Healing is what I'm learning to do now. Partly it's so that I better understand how to deploy our resources in guild but also gives me a break from the usual rogue rotation.

If all I was doing was playing or being a normal raider I don't know if I would have lasted this long.

Memnoch 04-19-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1239589)
He must mean wow-heroes.com gearscore, I don't even know if 7300 is possible without 25-heoic lich king gear

IIRC wow-heroes.com GS is about half that of the GS mod. My wow-heroes GS is 3213.

Kakero 04-20-2010 03:17 AM

I've quited this game 1 month ago. Have been playing single player games since then. Which is good cause I don't have anymore people and external forces withholding my progress and I can do whatever I damn well please.

This time though I definitely won't be coming back to the game, this is because I will not buy the new expansion pack.

Good riddance!

Hivetyrant 04-20-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memnoch (Post 1239609)
IIRC wow-heroes.com GS is about half that of the GS mod. My wow-heroes GS is 3213.

Ahh true, probably should have checked that :P

I knew it was either double or half!

Memnoch 04-21-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakero (Post 1239617)
I've quited this game 1 month ago. Have been playing single player games since then. Which is good cause I don't have anymore people and external forces withholding my progress and I can do whatever I damn well please.

This time though I definitely won't be coming back to the game, this is because I will not buy the new expansion pack.

Good riddance!

LOL you really quit Kak! Wow.