Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Early game invincibility to magic or undead cheese ? *spoiler?* (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10365)

daan 11-10-2002 10:53 AM

This a combo any party can use, once it has about 30.000 goldpieces, quite achievable if you do the big reward quests and sell all loot.
Ah, and you need the bonus merchants.

Just slap on the ring of human influence, and buy:
-Vhailor's helmet ( deidre at ribald's )
- PfM-scroll (ribald) x2
- PfU-scroll (ribald) x2

You now have the ability to make 2 party members immune to magic for 10 minutes, and 2 others immune to undead for the same period of time, without wasting the scrolls ....
(you cant use both on one character, since PfM cancels anything else magical)

Spiffy as it is, is this considered cheese ?.. I mean, the game most definetly allows it and Simulacrum is supposed to copy the char. with equipment and all..

Thx for any replies [img]smile.gif[/img]

andrewas 11-10-2002 10:55 AM

Cheese. I never use those scrolls at all. PfU causes bugs on most of the battles its useful in. PfM is just cheesy.

Dundee Slaytern 11-10-2002 10:58 AM

Cheese, but if you want to use it, go ahead. [img]smile.gif[/img] Personally I only use those scrolls as a last resort as they are way, way too powerful.

McHaggis 11-10-2002 01:29 PM

I have used PfM only against Kangaxx (his demilich form). Never had even thought about using it somewhere else.

andrewas 11-10-2002 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by McHaggis:
I have used PfM only against Kangaxx (his demilich form). Never had even thought about using it somewhere else.
Ditto. And I plan to quit using it even then. At least the other methods require some *skill* to use.

Alson 11-10-2002 02:33 PM

Heavy cheese.
PfM scrolls are literally cheesly-impemented into the game.
Way too overpowered.

PfU scrolls are better, since Undead is not nearly as dangerous as Magic in BG2.
The Improved Mages mod also makes using PfU scrolls on Liches useless, something which, IMO, should have been done a long time ago.

Zuvio 11-10-2002 04:38 PM

PfU and PfM were just implemented for those to lazy to locate a walkthrough, didnt know of this forum or were just Megalomaniacs

Sir Goulum 11-10-2002 04:43 PM

I'd say its Swiss Cheese! :D

Balhifet 11-10-2002 07:27 PM

Oooh... your a drow priestess.... SIR Goulum...

Dundee Slaytern 11-11-2002 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alson:
~~ The Improved Mages mod also makes using PfU scrolls on Liches useless, something which, IMO, should have been done a long time ago.
Tragically, this is not true. Liches are still helpless against it.