Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   D&D Gods Art Gallery! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89741)

uss 04-04-2004 05:46 AM

This is a very cool site!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20020628b1

Images of the gods and their symbols. This makes me want to play BG! :D

Gangrell 04-04-2004 05:59 AM

Too bad their bios won't come you click the image though.

Nice gallery otherwise [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]

shadowhound 04-04-2004 08:31 AM

Test your geekiness, how many can you recognise just by their pic or symbol? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]

Sythe 04-04-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shadowhound:
Test your geekiness, how many can you recognise just by their pic or symbol? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL!

slicer15 04-04-2004 11:08 AM

That's pretty cool, though there are some missing...I would have liked to see Corellon...(god of the elves). It is pretty interesting to see the how the gods are portrayed. Though didn't Mystra and Waukeen disappear during the time of troubles? Or was it just Waukeen? Ugh, a bios would have been excellent! Is there anywhere where you can actually get a bios?

EDIT:Oh, and I haven't even heard of some! I mean, who on earth is Malar? Or Kelemvor? Or Kossuth? Or Shaundakul? Or Umberlee? LOL, that's a few I don't know.

Oh, and Uthgar isn't really a deity, is he? I thought he was just the hero of the Uthgar barbarians...

[ 04-04-2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]

dplax 04-04-2004 11:17 AM

I think there are temples of Umberlee in BG2.

[ 04-04-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Sir Degrader 04-04-2004 11:21 AM

I recognize each god and goddess by their symbol.. BOYAA

BTW Malar is an evil shapechangers god, Umberlee is the evil goddess of storms Kelemvor is the god of the dead, Kossuth is the god of fire or magic (or magical fire) and Shadukal is a god of nature.

Nerull 04-04-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

All of them, so I guess I'm right up top of the list... :D

Quote:

Originally posted by slicer15:
That's pretty cool, though there are some missing...I would have liked to see Corellon...(god of the elves). It is pretty interesting to see the how the gods are portrayed. Though didn't Mystra and Waukeen disappear during the time of troubles? Or was it just Waukeen? Ugh, a bios would have been excellent! Is there anywhere where you can actually get a bios?

EDIT:Oh, and I haven't even heard of some! I mean, who on earth is Malar? Or Kelemvor? Or Kossuth? Or Shaundakul? Or Umberlee? LOL, that's a few I don't know.

Oh, and Uthgar isn't really a deity, is he? I thought he was just the hero of the Uthgar barbarians...

Mystra died, but the mortal wizard Midnight took her place and kept the same name. Waukeen was imprisoned, but was freed. Malar is the beastlord, god of hunting, bloodlust, and evil lycanthropes. Kelemvor is god and judge of the dead. Kossuth is god of fire. Shaundakul is the god of travel and portals. Umberlee is goddess of the oceans (known as the Bitch Queen since she embodies the more chaotic and destructive aspects of the ocean). Uthgar was a hero of the barbarians who ascended to godhood; he's their patron and god of physical strength.

Pretty sad I can rattle them off like that... :(

[ 04-04-2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Nerull ]

Kakero 04-04-2004 12:11 PM

Not suprisingly, I don't know any of them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Illumina Drathiran'ar 04-04-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

All of them, and then some. And I am NOT proud of this.
By the way. Shandakul isn't the god of nature, he's the god of wind. The god of nature portrayed there is Silvanus.
Tis a shame I wasn't around when Six's first BG2 trivia game came out... I just took it on the archives, and I got a damn good score.
Ah well...