Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Trademeet Q (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9754)

Hayashi 09-23-2002 03:53 AM

I know this has been asked before, but with the search function disabled I think its easier to ask rather than manually search.

I'm now in the Underdark, about to enter Ust Natha. As yet, my world map has yet to be updated with the location of Trademeet, mainly because I haven't met the person in Athkatla who gives you the quest to go there.

1. Who is this guy, and where can I find him? I've been to all the areas in Athkatla and he hasn't shown up.

2. Is there any alternative way to get Trademeet to appear on the map? FWIW, I have Nalia's Keep, Umar Hills and the Windspear Hills marked. With the exception of Nalia's Keep, I have yet to visit the other two locations.

Dundee Slaytern 09-23-2002 04:04 AM

Extremely Minor Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Go to the Gates District and seek out a man named Flydian.

pcgiant 09-23-2002 04:06 AM

It's from a guy in the City Gates of Athkatla. Not much else I can say, just talk to everyone you see there.

Hayashi 09-23-2002 04:44 AM

Thanks. I *have* been at the City Gates 2 or 3 times before I sailed off to Brynnlaw in my current game. No Flydain there, although I had a kid come up to me to tell me about Umar Hills. Or was that Waukeen's Promenade? *shrug*

In my first game I met Flydian at the City Gates iirc. Now he's nowhere to be found.

I'll try the City Gates again once I'm done with the Underdark. But I thought there was a way to get Trademeet to appear on the world map by talking to someone at either the Windspear or Umar Hills. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Dundee Slaytern 09-23-2002 05:03 AM

The backdoor option is as follows,
~
~
~
~
Go to the Temple Ruins and rescue Mazzy Fentan. When you tell her that you will meet her at Tradesmeet if you need her services, she will mark its' location on your World Map.

Morgeruat 09-23-2002 09:27 AM

alternatively if you can find the creature code for flydian you can manually spawn him in, and he'll have his dialogue.

Sir Exxon 09-23-2002 10:04 AM

<font color="gold">Perhaps Flydian only is there before going to the Asylum? He should be there, the guy who stands by the wagon. ;)
And as Morgeruat said, you can spawn him in using CLUA. His code is MESSEN. ;) </font>

Hayashi 09-23-2002 09:16 PM

Thanks for all your replies & help. I'm slowly making my way thru' Ust Natha now, doing all the quests. It's refreshing to be able to steal from the drow merchants without feeling guilty ;) .

Sir Ryan Trawl 10-20-2002 03:15 PM

Once you have finished Ch. 2 I think he is not there anymore. If you are now in the Underdark, there does not seem to be much point in going to Trademeet (unless you need XP or Rep. I just did it for the money)

----------------------------------
"Such a puss-filled, cesspit of a place is what I once called home!" -Viconia

Dundee Slaytern 10-20-2002 03:27 PM

And you felt compelled to raise a dead thread, why?