Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Chronicles of Riddick... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40157)

Harkoliar 08-07-2004 01:08 PM

how did you guys find it? I say its somewhat more like Dune but more action. Its pretty good science-fiction wise dont you think? The only problem is that not many people like this kind of stuff.

Marathon 08-07-2004 01:24 PM

I didn't expect to like it, but it was pretty cool. Parts of the plot didn't sense, but if you could suspend disbelief it was a very good sci-fi movie. I think seeing Pitch Black first would be good just to have an insight into Riddick.

DrowArchmage 08-07-2004 04:29 PM

i couldn't get pitch black. i would have killed them all and taken there ship but he SAVED them good god what was he thinking? the chronicles of Riddick was awesome, they need another one he has a huge freakin army, he could take over the world/universe

ScottG 08-07-2004 06:22 PM

The story line was eratic.. uh we're on this world.. no we're on This world.. no we're on THIS world.

Still though, it wasn't bad.. and when it was good it was excellent.

I'd like to see as a 3rd movie.. Riddick failing at being a loner with a bunch of death cult groupies hanging on his every move. An elemental shows up and suggests that he give them what they want - take them to the underverse. With the underverse not being quite what the masses expect - killing most everyone in a warped battle, but in the end changing the strongest and the most evil and letting them go. The 4th movie could be Riddick escaping the underverse changed and having to hunt down the others who were altered, let go, and doing terrible things in the universe.

YeRFDoG 08-08-2004 01:27 AM

I thought it was good, and Riddick was one of the more dangerous characters i have seen in a while...

I agree the storyline was erratic at times, and some things which didnt seem to fit in that well, but other than that it was good [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hivetyrant 08-09-2004 08:08 AM

I still think that Pitch black was although less action orientated, better for story as at least I thought it was interesting.
But that does not mean that Chronicals of Riddick was not a bad movie.
The anime version of it want bad either.

Morgeruat 08-09-2004 08:31 AM

As HiveTyrant mentioned there is an Anime that takes place after CoR (I believe it's called Dark Fury) and it continues the plot.

DrowArchmage 08-09-2004 10:36 AM

i didnt like DarkFury

DrowArchmage 10-18-2004 01:57 PM

Lets go Riddick Lets GO! weeeeeeeeeeeeee. YES i have lost it!! hahahahahahahahahaha!

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-27-2004 07:45 PM

Is that out yet? I was at the video store on the weekend and didn't see it.