Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Madman's Discussion on Drug Use (NO GLORIFYING DRUG USE HERE) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80034)

Madman-Rogovich 07-07-2002 01:33 PM

what are yur guys opinions on drugs of all forms any experiences good or bad lets ear them

Madman: I edited your title, someone might get the wrong idea. ;)

[ 07-09-2002, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Neb 07-07-2002 01:36 PM

My opinion of all drugs except for caffeine is: They're bad, don't do 'em. You can live without it.

Madman-Rogovich 07-07-2002 01:41 PM

a good point but what about the people who use them for very creative purposes i mean Salvador Dali and Picasso were both well into their opium and IMO their work positively reflects that..

johnny 07-07-2002 01:52 PM

Are you sure you wanna discuss this here dude ? There are young kids around here too you know, we don't wanna give em any ideas, do we ?

Madman-Rogovich 07-07-2002 01:56 PM

not at all johnny i feel as long as everyone is responsible with what they post then there will be no problems i just would like to hear others opinions , obviously shameless glamourisation woulde out of order.

Neb 07-07-2002 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
a good point but what about the people who use them for very creative purposes i mean Salvador Dali and Picasso were both well into their opium and IMO their work positively reflects that..
In that case they had no real skills. They had to take the drugs in order to be able to do their art.

You will never HAVE to do drugs, so it's always a good idea not to.

johnny 07-07-2002 02:01 PM

Oh, in that case give me two grams ! :D No, seriously, i've done my share of experimenting, exept for heroine, that's just nasty. I've seen some friends go all the way down once they started using that !

Madman-Rogovich 07-07-2002 02:03 PM

i disaggree in their case i think the drugs were simply tools. Dali was known to starve himself for days in order t induce hallucinations. its all about inspiration

FelixJaeger 07-07-2002 02:06 PM

hmmn i havent had much experience with drugs but i know about them and i know that most kids younger than me do nowadays,so johnny theres no need to worry.drugs are ok as long as there for your own use if your sellin em to other ppl then thats just MESSED up, IMO.
Felix

Melusine 07-07-2002 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neb:
In that case they had no real skills. They had to take the drugs in order to be able to do their art.
[/QUOTE]

LOL - read that again... Dali and Picasso no skills?? ROTFLMAO!!!
Riiiiiiight, Neb.

I agree that drugs aren't NECESSARY, but completely agree with Madman - they can be used as tools. Whether or not you do so is up to you, and the nature and status of drug abuse has certainly changed in recent history. In Victorian England, cigarettes were a sign of style, and absynthe was used by many authors. That doesn't mean they didn't have any skill.