Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Quik question...quick answer (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12723)

sorab 05-08-2003 06:11 AM

Chapter 3 its too small or it's my idea?i only did 2 shadow thieves quests(bodhi lair,protect the shipment)and...straight to chapter 4?

LennonCook 05-08-2003 06:19 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">You should have gotten a third, inbetween those two... remember Jaylos and Cahen ??
Also, in Chapter 3 you can do all of the same quests you can in Chapter 2... so, in theory, it is bigger than Chapter 2, because you have the same quests, minus collect the fee, plus three from your employer. Meaning you get two extra quests. So, no, it isn't too small. ;)

TaSSaDaR 05-08-2003 06:27 AM

If you are employed by Shadow Thieves, then they give you the certain hm.. item that helps you complete some quests you may be unable to do in ch2. So ch3 may be even larger than 2. My solo sorcs always give the money to Gaelan ASAP to get this gadget for it has some specific powers I lack [img]smile.gif[/img] Since ch3 for me is much larger than ch2 [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD]Ah!! At last! New avatar - AVATAR [img]smile.gif[/img] I am glad. Perhaps this life is not so bad ...

[ 05-08-2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]

sorab 05-08-2003 06:32 AM

gaelan certain gadget?what gadget?
what quests i couldnt do in chapter 2?
i m all mixed up!

LennonCook 05-08-2003 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sorab:
gaelan certain gadget?what gadget?
what quests i couldnt do in chapter 2?
i m all mixed up!

<span style="color: lightblue">SPOILER
Aran Linvail (the guy who gives you the quests) gives you the Amulette of Power - which grants Permanant Vocalise, Immunity to Level Drain, Faster SpellCasting, and a bit of Magic Resistance. Without that Immunity to Level drain, you may find it hard (as a soloist) to do anything that involves killing Vampires.

sorab 05-08-2003 06:43 AM

I think i nave killed every undead crowling on this earth (including kargaax...well but no bodhi)....what about this gadget thing?

TaSSaDaR 05-08-2003 07:03 AM

The gadget is very precious for me as a spellcaster. Even single -1 to casting time is relevant when you are in a middle of combat. And with both the Amulet and THE ROBE MMMs are cast instanteously [img]smile.gif[/img] That is very good to cast&attack tacktic.

Level-draining could be a pain in the rear if you are soloing a non-cleric class. Got ambushed by vampires once, was level-drained quickly so most of my arsenal vanished. Had to use Invis and flee the area as a coward. After that I always get the Amulet ASAP.

It is useless if you already have killed every single vampire in the game (I doubt), or if your main vampire-killing force is fighting type. Fighters cant use the Amulet.

ADD]As for ch2-3 quests... There are numerous side quests avail in ch2-3 (and 6 [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Those include: De'Arnise Keep, Tradesmeet trouble, Windspear Hills worm and many others. Thats what we were speaking about.

[ 05-08-2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]

sorab 05-08-2003 07:11 AM

i was playing chapter 2 for about 3 weeks till i got throught all of the quests assigned..i will look out for more of them.The trademeet quest was assinged to me 2 times even if i already had completed it the first time!

Raistlin Majere 05-08-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
The gadget is very precious for me as a spellcaster. Even single -1 to casting time is relevant when you are in a middle of combat. And with both the Amulet and THE ROBE MMMs are cast instanteously [img]smile.gif[/img] That is very good to cast&attack tacktic.

Level-draining could be a pain in the rear if you are soloing a non-cleric class. Got ambushed by vampires once, was level-drained quickly so most of my arsenal vanished. Had to use Invis and flee the area as a coward. After that I always get the Amulet ASAP.

It is useless if you already have killed every single vampire in the game (I doubt), or if your main vampire-killing force is fighting type. Fighters cant use the Amulet.

ADD]As for ch2-3 quests... There are numerous side quests avail in ch2-3 (and 6 [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Those include: De'Arnise Keep, Tradesmeet trouble, Windspear Hills worm and many others. Thats what we were speaking about.

that amulet NEVER gets useless!

Xen 05-08-2003 07:49 AM

Cool..more money and reputation points then [img]smile.gif[/img]