Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ES: V Skyrim announced (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101817)

SecretMaster 12-12-2010 11:00 AM

ES: V Skyrim announced

It's official baby!

http://elderscrolls.com/

Here is to hoping it isn't a bust!

SpiritWarrior 12-12-2010 02:26 PM

Re: ES: V Skyrim announced

I hate the engine they use, is all. The content is there, but I despise that engine. Hope they use a different one.

Hivetyrant 12-12-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1243986)
I hate the engine they use, is all. The content is there, but I despise that engine. Hope they use a different one.

If this is true:

Quote:

Nick Breckon, Bethesda Softworks’ community manager, has confirmed that the brand new Elder Scrolls game announced last night, Skyrim, will run on an “all-new” engine.
“We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new,” Breckon said. “And it looks fantastic.”
As ZeniMax (Bethesda’s owner) also owns id Software, the id Tech 5 engine was on the cards, but that’s obviously out of the window. Either way it’s good to hear the shitty faces and character movement in Gamebryo will be a thing of the past.

Then I might just pick this one up, I, like you, hate that engine as well, but would love to play through another ES game.

SpiritWarrior 12-12-2010 04:23 PM

Thank god, and I couldn't agree more about the faces and movement. I also hate the way NPC's watch you. They're like evil dolls.

Kakero 12-12-2010 05:20 PM

What's wrong with the current engine?

edit : wait don't answer that!

11/11/11, hope it don't coincide with diablo 3 release.

SpiritWarrior 12-12-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakero (Post 1243989)
What's wrong with the current engine?

edit : wait don't answer that!

11/11/11, hope it don't coincide with diablo 3 release.

LOL, did you forget what engine it used or you're just reluctant to go there?

Hivetyrant 12-12-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1243992)

It's probably the one reason I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as everyone else seemed to.

SpiritWarrior 12-12-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1243994)
It's probably the one reason I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as everyone else seemed to.

I tried Fallout 3 for around 5 minutes. As the heads spookily followed my character around the room while their bodies stayed completely rigid, I realized with horror that this was the gamebryo engine but just wrapped in a non-fantasy skin. I shot a gun at an enemy NPC once, frowned, and then uninstalled the game. Little more than a large mod for Oblivion imo. *Shrug*

Kakero 12-13-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1243992)

Tell you the truth, I don't know what problem people have with gamebryo. Care to enlighten me? Why people hate the engine?

You mention people stare at you while their body stay rigid, I don't notice this.
Movement problem? Emm, what kind?

The one thing I do know what gamebryo can't handle is that the engine can't handle dual wield weapon.

Dragonshadow 12-14-2010 04:25 PM

I don't have a clue about the engine they will be using, but it looks potentially interesting to me. I didn't have a problem with the Fallout 3/Oblivion engine (well... Maybe a little bit, but nothing major).

Hope it's good, but only one way to tell - Play the thing.