Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   3 reasons Jesus may have been black (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85731)

Cristian 05-04-2003 06:47 AM

number 1. He always called everyone Brother
2. He loved Gospel
3. He never did get a fair trial

slicer15 05-04-2003 07:50 AM

Well, I think it is pretty certain he was black, because of the country he was in. I mean, he had to have darker skin than the western countries, as every native person in Israel does.

Cristian 05-04-2003 07:54 AM

yeah i think so to and i think its pretty sad that when you mention this to some people they get ofended and thinks no way he isnt black its still lots of hate to the black people and i think its sad

slicer15 05-04-2003 08:01 AM

Yes it is very depressing. What is wrong with Jesus being black? I mean, why cringe? *Sigh*...they're just ignorant, I feel. Personally, I believe there is very little chance of him being "white", if any at all.

Cerek the Barbaric 05-04-2003 08:13 AM

<font color="deepskyblue">Very true, indeed. All one has to do is visit Jerusalem or any other part of the Holy Land to see what Jesus would have looked like physically.

Whether he was black, white, yellow, or multi-hued makes absolutely no difference to His ministry and the message of Universal Love He brought to the world.</font>

Iron_Ranger 05-04-2003 09:00 AM

<font color='white'> Huh?

I have never seen a black jew.They have darker skin then caucassian people, but I never thought they are black like a Jamacain or African. </font>

Epona 05-04-2003 09:02 AM

Doh - that's because of where in the world you live, you chump. (meant in a friendly way, no offense intended [img]smile.gif[/img] ) You can be a whole range of skin colours and be Jewish. Jewish people born in the middle east of middle eastern ancestry look..... tada.... middle eastern.

johnny 05-04-2003 09:02 AM

I thought Jesus was a Mexican from East L.A :D

Iron_Ranger 05-04-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Epona:
Doh - that's because of where in the world you live, you chump. (meant in a friendly way, no offense intended [img]smile.gif[/img] ) You can be a whole range of skin colours and be Jewish. Jewish people born in the middle east of middle eastern ancestry look..... tada.... middle eastern.
<font color='white'> Yeah, maybe I should have said native Israelis instead of Jewish. </font>

Stratos 05-04-2003 09:10 AM

If you visit Israel today you would get a good idea of how he probably looked like when it comes to hair and skin colour. Iīm quite sure that the majority of the population in the Middle East isnīt considered black, so itīs unlikely that Jesus was black although he certainly had darker hair and skin than many Western painters picture him. If you donīt think he was black doesnīt automaticly make you a racist, itīs just a matter of whatīs most likely he looked like. We donīt know exactly. Or not at all for that matter. And, as Cerek pointed out, it really doesnīt matter either. Everyone that claims he looked either this or that based on the little we know probably just want to "claim him for himself".

[ 05-04-2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]