Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wrestling -- your thoughts (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75146)

K T Ong 05-18-2002 06:35 AM

Just for some light-hearted discussion -- what are your thoughts on wrestling? And I don't mean just WWF, but basically any kind of wrestling. :D

GokuZool 05-18-2002 06:46 AM

Ahh I hate wrestling! They're just actors. It's not even real. Well maby like 10% is real [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm talking about WWF etc.

Downunda 05-18-2002 06:48 AM

From the episodes I've seen I'd say It was good for a laugh, but not much else.

Glorfindel 05-18-2002 06:58 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Wrestling is kewlies :D .... "Can you smeeeeeeeellllllll what... Glorf.... is cooking?"</font>

caleb 05-18-2002 07:03 AM

Do you mean greco-roman and freestyle also or did you just mean different pro-wrestling organizations? Real wrestling does not get the credit it deserves as a good martial art because no one sees it in the movies. If your talking about pro-wrestling the only good organizations left are the NWA owned by Jeff Jarrett and the WWE owned by Vince Mcmahon. Japan and Mexico have good pro wrestling circuits too but none as big as the american ones.

Sir Exxon 05-18-2002 07:05 AM

<font color="gold">I think wrestling is quite cool, actually. But it is just a shame that the wrestlers are just bad actors... just look at The Rock, for an example... [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D </font>

Glorfindel 05-18-2002 07:19 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS">But at least it is SUPPOSED to be a joke... if they were actually trying to be serious it would be quite sad </font>

Sir Exxon 05-18-2002 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Glorfindel:
<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS">But at least it is SUPPOSED to be a joke... if they were actually trying to be serious it would be quite sad </font>
<font color="gold">Yeah, that's a good point. It would be very sad.</font>

Glorfindel 05-18-2002 07:37 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> I think that some people actually thought or think that it was real at some point.... which is a bit of a worry... but has anyone seen that movie Ready to Rumble..... I aint seen it yet but my dad tells me it was a shocker... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] </font>

Grand-Ranger 05-18-2002 10:52 AM

Yeah, I dont watch pro wresstiling much anymore. Got kind of boring. But people that dont watch it because tis fake...Well..moives are fake, you watch them dont you?

But moives are soupoused to be fake right? Well so is pro wresstling, its a show. Entertainment.