Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NWN1 advice needed for Haks, Ad-ins and Misc. stuff (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37305)

Larry_OHF 01-05-2007 12:43 AM

<font color=skyblue>My nephews got NWN Platinum for Christmas, but they do not have an internet connection. I wanted to download some cool stuff for them, burn it to CD and send it to them. I was thinking extra portraits, a leveler (2-way), and whatever else may be out there.

Do you guys have anything to recommend specifically for me to send them?</font>

[ 01-05-2007, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Bithron 01-05-2007 06:01 AM

The IW portrait pack is a must.

As for leveler: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=3071
It's the best I found, but I have a better one that I don't seem to find in the Vault...

Do you need some mod suggestions?

Mozenwrathe 01-05-2007 08:56 AM

Nice present they received. You sure you didn't have anything to do with that? *Grins at you*

Regardless, what I would suggest is burning files to DVD if they can handle them. If not, label each CD something different as there is a LOT of different aspects to the game you can acquire for them. Files I would suggest would be the following (especially if you can install these for them):

Disk #1
- CEP ver 1.53 (a requirement for many different modules)
- CEP ver 2.0 (the new CEP standard)
- PRC (latest edition. this is something I happen to like but it's only for the truly brave, really)

Disk #2, #3, and #4
- any and every single would have been Digital Download module on the NeverWinter Vault
>> Crimson Tides Of Tethyr
>> Siege OF Shadowdale
>> Birthright Of The North
>> (any others I may have missed)
- The Lord Of Terror module (with all the fixings)
- The Mines Of Moria
- The Legacy Of Therix
- anything by Adam Miller
- the entirety of the SubTerra series
- The Scrolls Of Netherkhan
- Random Dungeon Generator 9f. (this is what came JUST before the Undermountain Dungeon Digital Download)
- The Halls Of Advanced Training Deluxe (you always need a leveler)
- +Pretty Good Char Creator (another leveler I have around here which I sadly never use for some reason)
- the entirety of the Tale Of The Celts sequence

Oh, how old are these nephews? Some of the modules may have mature content and you'll have to cut those from the listing. As well, see if you can find SHO-VA's module on there, as well as Dirty Meg's cleric-based module. Both of them are high on quality, yet low on smut. Perfect for younger minds.

[ 01-05-2007, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]

Larry_OHF 01-06-2007 12:15 PM

<font color=skyblue>I actually had to buy the game online since the Platinum cannot be bought on the shelf anywhere I looked...and I ended up paying for half of the cost, so yeah...its because of me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The oldest is 15, and their mom will not tolerate anything over a Teen rating, and I had to convince her that a Teen rating was safe enough.

Thanks to those that have posted ideas so far (and those that PM'ed ideas to me as well!)</font>

Dreamer128 01-06-2007 12:26 PM

Be sure to burn Hex Coda as well. It's by far the best module out there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bithron 01-06-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:

- +Pretty Good Char Creator (another leveler I have around here which I sadly never use for some reason)

That's the one! :D

T-D-C 01-07-2007 04:26 PM

If your looking for a Leveling program then Chewies Novice to Epic Charactor maker is a must. One of the better levelers out there.

Im sure he linked it around here some where.

EDIT: Here it is.

[ 01-07-2007, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]

robertthebard 01-07-2007 08:16 PM

Maybe you can find them a PDF tutorial for the toolset. Who knows, the next brightest NWN's modules might come from them.