Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Can I pick kits when bringing over a dualclassed char from BG1? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59355)

norompanlasolas 11-27-2001 05:23 AM

Eeerrrmmm... thats it I guess. Anybody know if, for example, I bring over a Cleric dualed to Necromancer, I can pick a kit and be a Cleric of Thalos/Necromancer? Or if I was a Thief/Necromancer I get to be an Assasin/Necromancer?

Cause that would really kick ass. :D

Zbyszek 11-27-2001 08:52 AM

I dont think so but I am not sure, my multiclassed PC couldnt be kited. Anyway it is not very optimal to dual before SoA - it is better to dual in the middle of SoA.

norompanlasolas 11-27-2001 10:56 AM

Yes, but dualing in SoA makes the game almost impossible (and your main character pretty useless until you surpass the level of the dualed class). That is why I wanted to dual in BG1.

So, anybody know if I I can pick a kit when dualing? (as in Cleric dualed to Necro, and then picking a kit for Cleric when starting SoA).

Barb 11-27-2001 11:00 AM

No you can't.

I don't think so anyway.

Fuzzy Animal 11-27-2001 11:06 AM

You can choose a kit for the first class but not the second.

Dundee Slaytern 11-27-2001 11:06 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
Yes, but dualing in SoA makes the game almost impossible (and your main character pretty useless until you surpass the level of the dualed class).<hr></blockquote>

Tell that to the people who solo with overpowered dualclassed Kensai/Mages. ;)

master_ball 11-27-2001 06:30 PM

I started as a human/generic fighter. Why can't I dual class? I just hit level 13.

dwarf 13 11-27-2001 09:14 PM

Welcome to the forum, master_ball!

To dual class, you need a 15 in your current class's prime requisit (strength for a fighter) and a 17 in the class you are dualling to.

Try checking your stats and see if they'll allow it.

Also, only certain dual classes are allowed.

Memnoch 11-28-2001 04:09 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
Yes, but dualing in SoA makes the game almost impossible (and your main character pretty useless until you surpass the level of the dualed class). That is why I wanted to dual in BG1.

So, anybody know if I I can pick a kit when dualing? (as in Cleric dualed to Necro, and then picking a kit for Cleric when starting SoA).
<hr></blockquote>

You can't dual TO a kit, but you can dual FROM a kit. You can go from cleric to MAGE, but not cleric to NECROMANCER. You can choose a NECROMANCER in SoA to start, then choose a CLERIC.

Also, you can only choose a kit in SoA if you have a single-class character with available kits. If you are already dual-class, then you can't.