Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Limited Wish (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59295)

cemius 11-25-2001 09:49 AM

Does anyone know about the Limited Wish adventure?

Dundee Slaytern 11-25-2001 11:28 AM

Welcome to the Ironworks Forums, http://www.plauder-smilies.de/wavey.gif

spoiler ahead,
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You need 16 WIS, if I recall correctly, in order to be able to have the Limited Wish Adventure option. Simply get your Mage to drink a Potion of Insight if his/her WIS is not high enough. The option is a one-time wish and once you cast it, a scroll will appear in your Mage's inventory.

Now go to the Bridge District and go to Delosar's Inn. There will be a beggar outside it who will approach you and asks for your help. Agree to help him and go inside the inn where you will encounter a disgruntled party. Do not fight them, instead, agree to help them find their leader's gong.

Now go to the Temple Sewers and seek out Roger the Fence, he resides in the southern region of the sewers. Ask him about the gong and he will ask you to help him get rid of a sewer troll first. Kill the troll for him and he will tell you to go to the Druid Grove and find a troll nearby the Troll Mound.

Go to the Druid Grove and find the troll, do not kill it until you find out from it where the gong is( or the adventure is over).

Might not want to use Crom Faeyr if you have it.

It turns out that the troll sold it to an Ogre Mage in the Ogre's Tower. Go to the Ogre's Tower and speak with the Ogre Mage. He will trade you the gong for a Wand of Frost, once the trade has been made, you can now go back to Delosar's Inn and complete the quest.

Hope this helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Barb 11-25-2001 11:34 AM

Once again Dundee, your knowledge is Amazing. Well done

Lord Ludtke 11-25-2001 07:43 PM

Are the potions cumulative? I tried to give my Mage good dex and con, so I tanked his int down to around 6 or 7. Can I take 3 or 4 potions to get a high enough wisdom?

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]

Melusine 11-25-2001 08:04 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Are the potions cumulative? I tried to give my Mage good dex and con, so I tanked his int down to around 6 or 7. Can I take 3 or 4 potions to get a high enough wisdom?

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

I hope you mean his wisdom, not his intelligence! If you meant you have a mage with INT 6 or 7, go back to character creation NOW :D :D :D

Anyway, potions of Insight raise the user's wisdom to 18, so obviously they're not cumulative, and Mind Focusing potions add 3 points of Wisdom. So just use the Insight potions and you should be ok. [img]smile.gif[/img]

chinese noodle 11-25-2001 10:29 PM

what is this adventure and how does
limited wish comeinto it???

Kingenigma 11-25-2001 11:24 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chinese noodle:
what is this adventure and how does
limited wish comeinto it???
<hr></blockquote>

Umm.didn't u read what someone posted above u?

Aelia Jusa 11-25-2001 11:45 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cemius:
Does anyone know about the Limited Wish adventure?<hr></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure you can only do this adventure if the player character casts the spell (ie is a mage or sorceror). I don't think you get the option if an NPC casts limited wish.

Dundee Slaytern 11-26-2001 12:37 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Melusine:
Mind Focusing potions add 3 points of Wisdom.<hr></blockquote>

IIRC, Potions of Mind Focusing adds 3 points to INT and DEX, not WIS.

Dundee Slaytern 11-26-2001 12:39 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chinese noodle:
what is this adventure and how does limited wish comeinto it???<hr></blockquote>

Restrains himself from going psycho and beating up chinese noodle viciously with a rubber chicken... ...