Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Vote For The Phrase For My Next Tattoo (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91333)

Lavindathar 08-16-2004 02:51 PM

<font color="cyan">Ok, I am getting a tattoo this week, and after (some would say stupidly [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) trusting Kakero's translations, I want to know your opinions on the following three phrases -

They will be tattooed in the Chinese Language:

Ultimately, I'll (probably) choose whatever you guys vote for!

Ok:

Phrase 1 - As long as you dare to look for answers, you won't be afraid of anything.

Phrase 2 - Angels Watch Over Me

Phrase 3 - Going after a beautiful lifestyle.

So, get voting!</font>

[ 08-16-2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Spirits forever 08-16-2004 03:04 PM

Angels all the way!
it sounds cool and has a good meaning, i'd get that as a tatoo, if i was going to [img]tongue.gif[/img]
, but the first one is cool too :D

imo the second one is better [img]smile.gif[/img]
well, since it says next tatoo, i'm guessing it's not the first so, a question if i may?
does it hurt?

Lavindathar 08-16-2004 03:31 PM

<font color="cyan">Obviously, yes.

But it isnt an unbearable pain, myself and many others keep going back. When they tattoo over your spine it hurts, but only while the needle is in. Afterwards, its fine.

If you want one, dont be scared of the pain. Its not that bad.</font>

Spirits forever 08-16-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lavindathar:
<font color="cyan">Obviously, yes.

But it isnt an unbearable pain, myself and many others keep going back. When they tattoo over your spine it hurts, but only while the needle is in. Afterwards, its fine.

If you want one, dont be scared of the pain. Its not that bad.</font>

hehe, i just might [img]smile.gif[/img]
but not yet tho
maybe after high school and stuf [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Melusine 08-16-2004 05:01 PM

Not trying to be a smartass here, but I think you shouldn't be asking for our opinions at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's gonna be etched on YOUR skin forever, not on any of ours ;) so you should pick whatever resonates most deeply within the depths of your heart. Or something. ;)
Seriously, pick whichever appeals to you most, has the most meaning to you, or if nothing else, pick the one that you find most aesthetically pleasing.

Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aerich 08-16-2004 05:09 PM

I voted #1. More philosophical than the others. #2 doesn't do anything for me. #3 is good too; more of a skater/hippie sentiment.

Xen 08-16-2004 05:17 PM

I would go with the angles if I were you.

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-16-2004 05:22 PM

Im going for 1. I don't really know you that well. But from what I do know (your love for cars etc.) I wouldn't say the other two would really fit your image.

Plus the first one kicks ass :D

Lavindathar 08-16-2004 06:32 PM

<font color="cyan">Cheers for your answers......

All of my tattoos so far are tribal patterns, which don't have any meaning.

The one on my back is a tribal image of an angel, so the 2nd one fits in.

And these are the three I liked, they all appeal to me. Except the 3rd.

Its definately either 1 or 2. But number 1 means both arms being tattood.

And no2 doesnt really fit in with my public image, but I like it.

I like both 1 & 2, but Im still not sure which one yet.

I'm swaying towards number 2, purely because it only means one arm gets tattooed, and that leaves my other arm open for something different.

And, I really do like the words.
But no2 is a bit soppy, and no1 is a bit more dark, more like myself.</font>

[ 08-16-2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Ladyzekke 08-16-2004 06:52 PM

Well if it is up to 1 or 2 now, then I'd go for 2, as I don't quite get the first one. And as Mel said, it is best you choose what you want on your own. Oh and definitely do not use something like a "public" image to sway you. [img]smile.gif[/img]