Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We seriously need a new server -- Please help us! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72923)

Ziroc 01-09-2002 08:02 AM

My server friend has throttled the CPU usage here, because he has 1 machine now (his other one went down) and he now has to use the one we are on. I own a few things in the server, but not much. I 'gave' them to him for all the free bandwidth he's given me in the past..

But we SERIOUSLY need our own server guys. Since last week, I have received $7.00, at this rate, we'll never have a server. :( We don't need some super system though, a 1 Ghz would be fine, and the total server would cost no more than $1400 and probably much less than that.

Maybe I could put up a 'meter bar' or something like they do with fund raisers, and have it on the main page. ?? Does this sound stupid? I dunno, I am just worried because he said he needs to install his billing software on this server soon too.. sigh. I HATE asking for anything.. but I will be contributing a lot to the server too-- I have a 20 gig I can pull of my personal system, and stuff, but what costs $$ is the Ram, MB, CPU, and a copy of Windows XP. We don't need any bells and whistles like a sound card or anything, just a tweaked to perfection server! :D

With this new server, we will be free to expand, and do ANYTHING we want to. hell, I would be able to REMOVE Flood control entirely. Oh, and the forum would be about 300% faster (Loading times).. Right now, we're on a AMD K6 200Mhz I think.

As I have said though, if you don't have the money, PLEASE don't send a donation. (Even if things are kinda tight).. I know how it is after Christmas.

Thanks guys..

BTW, I nolonger have banner Ads at the Ironworks website.. They screwed with my CGI access and everytime I get them to work, they get removed within 24 hrs.. so I'm not getting any income for the site now.. Grrr Readyhosting SUCKS!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

DiabloRex 01-09-2002 08:08 AM

You have a paypal account we can transfer the money to?

Axil 01-09-2002 08:09 AM

This is really hard news, Z.
I will try to find some money to send, but my economy is very strained..
Are you sure there's nothing I can do except for sending money..
It's very hard not being able to help :(

Sir ReGiN 01-09-2002 08:12 AM

I'll see if I can scrape a few dollars together..
But, as Axil, my economy is in a pretty big down-hill.. :(
But still, I've said it before, and some might think I should just shut up, but wouldn't pop-up's be a good idea?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]</p>

Lifetime 01-09-2002 08:16 AM

Ziroc, I'd be glad to throw in some (kids tend to end up loaded after Christmas) but I dont have any way of doing so..

Moiraine 01-09-2002 08:32 AM

Awww I'll see what I can do ... Have to save enough money for the taxes in February ...

Harkoliar 01-09-2002 08:40 AM

hmm, how do you use that paypal anywayz? or any program you can use to dontate? i need to find out so i can use my credit card (but not much since im paying and im only 18 yrs old still ). any suggestions? im not living in America btw, i live in the PHilippines.

WOLFGIR 01-09-2002 08:45 AM

Even though I lurk mostly now adays, I would hate to see this place down! I will see what can be done Ziroc, and well better you ask then tell us it is closed friend!!!!

MagiK 01-09-2002 08:46 AM

Sent ya a PM Z [img]smile.gif[/img] Ill send a check once I get the addy. Wish It wouldnt take so much moeny to ship hardware, I have a nice tower ATX case that isnt being used and a few other odds and ends..I think I have an ASUS MoBo too altho I think that board tops out at 400mhz so not a real good choice. Anyhoo I have no problem financially with making the donation..just have to get off my dead arse and remember to send it.

Neb 01-09-2002 09:01 AM

Oh damn :( As soon as I find some way of sending you some money Z, I will!