Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Question about character (warning! spoilers!) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13936)

Shotgun 09-12-2003 12:20 PM

I've heard that you can upgrade a certain horn with two jewels to get a much cooler horn. I have all of the pieces, but unfortunately, the guy who's able to make this item was killed in a battle I had after returning from the Underdark. One of the enemy soldiers took him out within two seconds of showing up. How can I upgrade this horn when the guy no longer exists? :(

Oh, his death happened a long, long time ago, so I can't simply go back and do the fight again.

Faceman 09-12-2003 12:30 PM

Legally you can't. I also wonder how you managed to get into a battle there (are you sure you're talking about hte right place/guy?)

You can however try to CLUA him back in if you want to cheat. Roleplaying wise he is dead and as he was the only one around who could help you in that "not-so-important-anyway-minor-not-plot-related quest" there's no other possibility.

Dace De'Briago 09-12-2003 12:33 PM

Besides, the horn is crap :D

*grinz*

Feral 09-12-2003 01:47 PM

Oh, man! I just upgraded mine and was really looking forward to using it for the first time. Like the horn of blasting, eh?

Shotgun - how did you get into a battle "there"?

Legos 09-12-2003 01:49 PM

*Agrees to the Above statement*

So you got into a fight in WAUKEENS PROMENADE?
With the Githyanki perhaps?

But WHY would the enemy attack such an bystander?

Are you sure you´r talking about the right guy?
The one who is...

**SPOILER**

...a merchant standing on a platform in the western part of waukeens promenade.

Shotgun 09-12-2003 02:48 PM

Yup, I swear that's what happened. I was in the Promenade looking at the stuff the guy was selling (he's the bald, fat guy who sells weapons right next to the painter, right?), and all of a sudden, the Githyanki pop up, start the dialogue and just start fighing. Since my PC had been talking to the seller and was standing right next to him, he ended up getting hit somehow and was toast. :( It happened so quickly, I didn't notice it until the fight was over--the rest of my party was on the main ground, not up with my PC, so I had to get them ready with the rest of the Githyanki.

Olorin 09-12-2003 08:26 PM

spoiler:
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I've gotten into that fight with the Githyanki in the Promenade as well. It happens because you have just left the Underdark, and they are set to accost you at the first available opportunity (some maps are off limits to this fight obviously--like the Elf Camp). So if you go to the Promenade as quickly as you can after leaving the Underdark, that's where they will find you. I ran into them closer to the animal cages, and also had some civilian casualties due to the some of the spells the githyanki used. (It's probably quite common to fight them there actually, since you come out of the Underdark carrying lots of loot to sell off, plus the Adventurer's Mart has upgraded it's inventory).

Ares 09-12-2003 10:32 PM

Fighting them in the Slums can be a pain.

teardropmina 09-13-2003 10:07 AM

the best way to avoid the fight in crowded area is after you're back from the underdark, go exploring the new map areas first (they'll show up somewhere and sometime in those three areas).

ADD: well, you can just not fight with them :D

[ 09-13-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]

SixOfSpades 09-14-2003 01:56 AM

So far, I think I've seen Kruin appear in every District except Government and Graveyard. They like to cast Lightning Bolts, which is probably what killed Maheer. (Other ways for innocents to get killed in this fight: They cast Lightning Bolt at you--and you were wearing the Cloak of Reflection--or one of your party members failed a Save vs. their Chaos spells.)