Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NWN2: Starting Out & Ideal Party & Advices (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37257)

Zoltan 12-07-2006 11:14 AM

Hi I'm about to start the game. I noticed that like in BG1 you create a single character and add NPC's to your party. At this moment i just wanted to know what kind of other NPC's avaiable (without being spoiled:) for ex if there is lots of mages but poor thieves. Maybe I can start as a thief. Or maybe there's lots of great fighters and rogues but poor mages. Then I should think about being mage. Which class you recommend?

Thank you for your help..

[ 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Zoltan ]

Memnoch 12-07-2006 11:23 AM

You should get a pure fighter and thief as one of your first two choices - a druid comes after that, then a spell-flinger. You can pretty much be who you want to be, there's enough NPC support for any class.

JrKASperov 12-07-2006 11:41 AM

There's this:

Dwarf Fighter (monk option)
Tiefling Rogue
Wood Elf Druid
Human Sorcerer
Gnome Bard
Human Paladin
Human Ranger
Moon Elf Wizard
Human Fighter
Githzerai Cleric
Construct Fighter
Human Warlock

So you can see the fighter department is occupied. I think a rogue or wizard is one of the more fitting choices seeing that the rogue or spellcasting NPC's are all bit... special.

Zoltan 12-07-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
You should get a pure fighter and thief as one of your first two choices - a druid comes after that, then a spell-flinger. You can pretty much be who you want to be, there's enough NPC support for any class.
you mean characters that I will add to my party right? I dont like druids I think ı'll stick with a cleric. About NPC's I see lots of fighters ara avaiable. I'll think about being a cleric or mage.

You find the cleric early in the game?

JrKASperov 12-07-2006 02:14 PM

The cleric is about halfway through the game. The characters from my list are more or less chronological, the first 6 you get early.

[ 12-07-2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]

Zoltan 12-07-2006 02:53 PM

oww without cleric all the way throught the halfway of the game may cause problem! I better stick with cleric

Callum 12-07-2006 08:30 PM

It doesn't matter that much, because your character's revive after a battle, providing at least one of them stays alive.

Memnoch 12-07-2006 08:32 PM

You have unlimited rest as well (assuming that you *can* rest in a specific area, eg no enemies nearby, etc), and lots of access to healing kits and potions.

Micah Foehammer 12-08-2006 02:35 PM

There is a mage and fighter who will automatically join you during the tutorial, but you can't take them with you after the tutorial ends.

The dwarven fighter joins up at almost at the very beginning of Act 1 and the tiefling rogue joins up shortly thereafter.

The druid appears when you hit level 5 or 6 if iirc.

The Human sorcerer is available around level 7 and the bard and paladin around level 8 or 9. (There is some flexibility as to exactly what level you are when they arrive - their appearance is based on where you go, and is tied to the plot line.) The Ranger isn't available until the very end of chapter 1.

Starting with the Moon elf wizard, the rest of JrKASperov's list aren't available until chapter two at the earliest. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There is enough tank support in the game that you can play virtually any character that you want. Don't feel as though you HAVE to take a cleric unless you WANT to play one. [img]smile.gif[/img]