Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Glacias Discussion (Spoilers) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14871)

Jerr Conner 02-15-2004 02:18 PM

Anyone ever save Glacias in the D'Arnise Keep?

SPOILER Ahead

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

My mage did. I cast Mental Domination on him. However, how come Nalia has no dialogue with him after that? Also, why couldn't he take control of the Keep after Torgal dies? It would make sense, since the "Weaponmaster normally takes control", according to Nalia...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Zarr 02-15-2004 02:29 PM

*Spoiler*
I have done it before but generally speaking it depends how early I do the quest. If it's early in the game I might want my hands on his full plate mail, if it's later I probably already have good armours. Normally that quest is one of the first I do so I very rarely save him, infact.

Jerr Conner 02-15-2004 02:34 PM

I never cared about the plate mail. I usually use whatever magical items I get from encounters. But for your info, this was very late in the game.

ZFR 02-15-2004 02:35 PM

You cant speak to him while he's dominated... you have to wait either for spell duration to run out or cast dispel magic so that his circles becomes blue and not green.

you have to be fighter or barbarian or monk to control the keep... (ranger, paladin will not do). Also will not work if you already have another stronghold (which is your case I believe since you wrote i the other post you have the planar sphere).

Jerr Conner 02-15-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZFR:
You cant speak to him while he's dominated... you have to wait either for spell duration to run out or cast dispel magic so that his circles becomes blue and not green.

you have to be fighter or barbarian or monk to control the keep... (ranger, paladin will not do)

Well, when I cast Mental Domination, he went blue right away.

wally p 02-15-2004 02:39 PM

hm...that's interesting. I remember one time long ago,I dire charmed him (ring of human influence) and that eventually worked when it wore off..but this time through he went hostile afterwards. ooops.

Jerr Conner 02-15-2004 03:16 PM

Well, mine wore off right away due to Jan shooting a bolt at him a second before the charm...

Assassin 02-15-2004 03:20 PM

My Charm did a good job charming him, but he didn't do anything and I got the message 'Charm'ed creatures can't talk to you' or something like that.

Zarr 02-15-2004 05:24 PM

In that case if you wait until the charm wears off, he should turn blue and you can then talk to him, although it doesn't always work.

JrKASperov 02-15-2004 05:33 PM

Use a certain ring that's located in the same keep. ;)