Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Age of Empires II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72321)

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-24-2001 01:26 PM

does anybody here besides me play this? if so, message me sometime (or pm me here). im looking for a new challenge, as I have utterly slaughtered the AI lately (im going on Hard difficulty) and the only other person who will play me sucks so badly that i have completely wiped him off the map each and every time we've played, including that time I rushed in the Feudal Age [img]tongue.gif[/img] . so anyways, if you have it, get to me somehow so that we an play sometime!

Legolas 11-24-2001 01:32 PM

It's been a while, and the cd is next door with our neighbours/nephews. But I think I can get it back, do some training sessions to remember how to play and annihalate you [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll PM you when I'm ready Seph ;)

Lavindathar 11-24-2001 01:37 PM

<font color="cyan">I had it cracked.....I'll get it again, and whoop your ass'</font>

Bahamut 11-24-2001 01:55 PM

well i love to cheat here so, if we ever get to play, umm... be my teammate? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Chewbacca 11-24-2001 08:42 PM

I have been playing "star wars galactic battleground" which is built upon the AOE2 game engine. I have AOE2 but havent played it for a while. The new star wars variation is cool and fun like AOE is. (and easy to beat with the right strategdy) It has wookies! When I read that I foolishly changed my screenname here to chewbacca. Waaaaugh!!!! Now I'm chewbacca forever! Unfortunalty my time of late is limited because of my job so I dont get to play as much as I like too [img]smile.gif[/img]

G'kar

Lifetime 11-25-2001 02:59 AM

I have it! Dont have the Conquerors though..

The AI is pretty easy to beat I agree.. though it HAS come up with some dirty tricks before(like using mass Priests to convert my hoards of Longbow/Crossbow formations, guarded with Champions and Pikes)

Mine issint original so I dont know if I'll be able to play.

Davros 11-25-2001 04:20 AM

Nasty game - horrible game - completely addictive, but if you want to play it, do NOT combine a VIA chipset with a Diamond Monster soundcard - the combination of this game, plus this chipset, plus this sound card = CRASH CITY (now officially posted on the MS website)........ anyone care to make a guess what type of system I have :(

Hesperex 11-25-2001 11:33 AM

I used to play it every other day with my best friend but its been some weeks since I have done so, think ill be a bit rusty but both of us did get very good at it, we would play and beat the computer with comparative ease 2 against 4 set on Hard [img]smile.gif[/img] or play eachother ...now those battles would go on for days sometimes.... arhh those were the days

Barb 11-25-2001 11:40 AM

I've got it. I used to be good, but i have'nt played in a while.

*shoots his hand up*
meeeee... not anymore, but I was a HUGE FAN a year ago...
then I discovered Baldurs Gate :D