Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Empire Quest (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72908)

Legolas 01-08-2002 03:38 PM

Yes, yet again I have been tasked with recruiting recruits for our Empire Quest alliance by the name of the 'Ironworks' Alliance.

What is Empire Quest (in case you don't know by now)?
It's a free online space management game (more or less) where your mission, officially, is to reach the top 100 alone or wit the help of your galaxy members. (unofficially, it is to have fun)
To do this, you can build things like ships and defences, buildings and spacemines. If you have the resources, that is.

The EQ multiverse is huge, so it's easy to get lost if you are on your own. But luckily, a number of IW members are there too, to help you out and chat with you.

If you're wondering whether you want to give it a try or not, just do [img]smile.gif[/img]
It doesn't take up too much time, as the game is spread over many days. If you don't like it, noone's forcing you to stay.

But if you do decide to join, now is a good time. That's because the game has been restarted, so instead of entering the game and being surrounded by stronger players with huge fleets, you are as strong as everyone.

So if you're interested or want to know more, just check out www.empirequest.com
From there, you can sign up, and log in. Once you're in, press the button labeled 'politics' to the right hand side of your screen and view the list of alliances.
The Ironworks should be in there somewhere, adn by clicking on it's name you can fill in a form. But as long as we know what your nick on IW is, and that you are indeed an IW member, you're in. So no need to go into great detail.
Send the form and wait for a mail from us to tell you more [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 01-08-2002 03:45 PM

<font color="cyan">Yeah, its good. Go join up.

And I'm in it :D . And so Is Legolas. So now u have gotta go join up :D </font>

Dreamer128 01-08-2002 03:49 PM

Yup, alot of Ironworks members have already joined and we all love the game. I don't know a single person that doesn't like it.

Mitro Jellywadder 01-08-2002 06:29 PM

It's definitely a good game. Very addictive. :D

DragonMage 01-08-2002 07:11 PM

Hear, hear! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, it's addictive! And yes, it fun. :D And we still have a few slots in our very own private galaxy that we arranged for so that we can all be together and provide support and backup for one another.

And any ladies out there...PLEASE JOIN!!! Kaz and I are all alone with these guys! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hey...wait a minute...on second thought, I like these odds. ;)

LennonCook 01-09-2002 03:22 AM

<font color="lightblue"> Addictive ?? Like Slimeball ?? *snorts* OK, I dont say this too often (execpt to games that involve moving a couple of shapes about a screen to hit another shape an send it sliding as if its all done with fridge magnets), but somehow I dont like the sound of this... remionds me too much of slimeball and Bejeweled.
And no, this is NOT larry using someone elses account (look at the text- ive found a good colour!!! then again theyre all good) </font>

Garnet FalconDance 01-09-2002 05:32 PM

Legolas darlin'

I signed in at Empire Quest (as Crystal DAssKin), but the load time is so unbelievably *long* that I could practically take a nap waiting for any given page! And I still have yet to find out what I'm 'supposed' to be doing--the tutorial is of little use.

::sigh:: Maybe I should stick with magic and fantasy....

Legolas 01-10-2002 03:22 AM

Yes, I know :(
Normally it's a lot faster, but there are so many people online during the first days/weeks of the new round (to get their hands on some easy colonies) that the server can't really handle it anymore [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]

But it shold speed up soon (I hope)

DragonMage 01-10-2002 08:19 AM

For the last two days, it's been HORRIBLE, but as of this morning, it's going MUCH faster... :D

Don't give up on it, Garnet. ;) And visit the HADB forum (click the link in my sig if you haven't been there before). There's a forum there with more information and some hints. Or just ask your questions here...but easiest is to go to Politics on EQ and submit a joining request. Once you get into the alliance, we can help you via the forums there or ingame e-mail. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be sure to let them know who you are when you submit your join. ;) Then we'll get you into the private galaxy. :D

cya soon, I hope. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kaz 01-10-2002 01:18 PM

Yes! Submit to the IW EQ alliance!
C'mon, join! It's a bit confusing in the beginning, but with nice alliance members (us), you'll be helped, given advice, protected from newbie bashers *remembers an UNFORTUNATE episode in the last round* etc.
Join today! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Garnet FalconDance 01-10-2002 01:28 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I've submitted a requet to join IW......so waiting to hear if I pass muster. [img]smile.gif[/img] If not......::sigh::: I'll go it alone, a little woman in the great cosmos cast adrift by the very ones she dared call .......

Dreamer128 01-10-2002 01:46 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I've submitted a requet to join IW......so waiting to hear if I pass muster. [img]smile.gif[/img] If not......::sigh::: I'll go it alone, a little woman in the great cosmos cast adrift by the very ones she dared call .......<hr></blockquote>
Cool! I'll let you in right away!

Legolas 01-10-2002 02:33 PM

Oh, I'm sorry Dreamer :(
You're way too late ;)

Mitro Jellywadder 01-10-2002 09:16 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Legolas:
Oh, I'm sorry Dreamer :(
You're way too late ;)
<hr></blockquote>

That's just mean and spiteful. :D What he meant to say was, "Sorry, we're full..Can't wait to bash you online."

Just kidding....Welcome aboard. ;)

Disclaimer:
*This post serves a dual purpose as a friendly bump*

I'm new to EQ, so don't be afraid to ask. As you know, everyone is nice and helpful.

Elif Godson 01-10-2002 09:23 PM

Yes, come one come all, The more bodies the better.
Let us conquer the mega verse!!!

Mirac Honorguard 01-11-2002 03:45 PM

Supreme Leader checking in [img]smile.gif[/img]
So here you all are. *takes Drill-instructor voice*
"Why don't you get your lilly as**s back over at EQ, soldiers. And make that double-time. And I want you maggots to reply to me as SIR, DO I make myself clear?!! Now MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!" ;)

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Mirac Honorguard ]</p>

Legolas 01-11-2002 03:55 PM

Yes! You tell 'em Mirac! Act like a tyrant and we'll be sure to get LOTS of fresh blood...

Don't mind him, it's his period ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mirac Honorguard 01-11-2002 04:01 PM

Yes! You tell 'em Mirac! Act like a tyrant and we'll be sure to get LOTS of fresh blood...

Don't mind him, it's his period ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

If we don't show any leadership Legolas, we won't impress new members.
Seriously though, we need your help, so join us in our quest for justice and righteousness

slackerboy 01-11-2002 04:19 PM

ok, so i signed up, submitted my request, built 2 salvagers, and a ground control facility.
What do i do now?

Legolas 01-11-2002 04:31 PM

Now you build mines and probes, under resources [img]smile.gif[/img]
That'll get you more T and K per tick, so you can buy even more mines and probes while you continue building your facilities.
Once you decide you have enough for the time being, you build troop carriers to take over colonies where you build... mines and probes [img]smile.gif[/img]

And at the same time you can start building your fleet or defences or both. But that's quite some days into the future...

I'll let you into the alliance straight away (unless Dreamer's taken revenge or Mirac beat both of us to it ;) )

Dreamer128 01-16-2002 04:51 AM

*BUMP*

Rikard_OHF 01-16-2002 10:36 AM

Hm I'm the only Dutchman without a leaders position :(
instead i'm the sneaky guy :-p

Dreamer128 01-16-2002 11:44 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
Hm I'm the only Dutchman without a leaders position :(
:-p
<hr></blockquote>
Wrong, PM and Har'oloth are Dutch as well.

DragonMage 01-16-2002 11:55 AM

Am I the only one having trouble with EQ lately? I can't get signed on now and it was very sluggish earlier...

Legolas 01-16-2002 01:05 PM

No, we're in a bug phase again. Ticker's acting strange too.
Rikard, you're not the only Dutchy without a leaders position, it's just that all the alliance leaders are Dutch (yes, we give everyone an equal chance to achieve a high position, but some just get their chances more equally ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Nah, just kidding

Rikard_OHF 01-16-2002 01:07 PM

PM is dutch???????????????

Dreamer128 01-16-2002 03:41 PM

Yes, Pm is Dutch. Suprised?

Rikard_OHF 01-16-2002 03:47 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Yes, Pm is Dutch. Suprised?<hr></blockquote>

Didn;t you see al the question marks :-p

LennonCook 01-17-2002 02:51 AM

<font color="lightgreen"> Since i have nothing better to bore myself with, (or entertain myself with as the case may be)... I have submitted a joining request under the name of "lennon". </font>

Manwe 01-17-2002 02:58 AM

Hehe i dont i think i should join, because i may get addicted to it like i was to Utopia... It's very tough to always think on your province and you wonder if someone has attacked you... I couldn't sleep at night sometimes, i always kept thinking on strategies and calculations... [img]smile.gif[/img] but do i need to log in often if i play this game? 1 day in Utopia was 1 hour IRL, so if i attacked someone i needed to log in quite fast to build up...

AzureWolf 01-17-2002 03:08 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SookmaCook:
<font color="lightgreen"> Since i have nothing better to bore myself with, (or entertain myself with as the case may be)... I have submitted a joining request under the name of "lennon". </font><hr></blockquote>

oh god :eek:

LennonCook 01-17-2002 04:16 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AzureWolf:

oh god :eek:
<hr></blockquote>

<font color="lightgreen"> What, do u have something against me Azurewolf ??</font>

Bokken 01-17-2002 08:23 AM

I see you've been accepted in the IW alliance in EQ.
Welcome aboard mate [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't forget that to keep in touch with us through irc or MSN [img]redface.gif[/img] )

Here's my MSN email for one (if you have MSN) - dragonaud@hotmail.com

Mitro Jellywadder 01-19-2002 03:37 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SookmaCook:
<font color="lightgreen"> What, do u have something against me Azurewolf ??</font><hr></blockquote>

No, I think it was your overwhelming display of enthusiasm.. :D

DragonMage 01-22-2002 05:59 AM

Okay...

Is EQ down? Yesterday morning, I went on and played for a while, then I took my b/f to the airport and, since returning home from the airport, I haven't been able to get to EQ.

Anybody here who's playing have any idea?

Edit: Or is there now a new link or something?

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: DragonMage ]</p>

Legolas 01-22-2002 09:13 AM

Same here. (except for the b/f part ;) )

DragonMage 01-22-2002 09:25 AM

Same here. (except for the b/f part ;) )<hr></blockquote>

AH! So it isn't me, then... ;) Anytime I can't get something to work on my computer, I assume it's me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And lolololol! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] You rotten thing! ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well....guess I'll just keep trying during the day...

Mirac Honorguard 01-22-2002 03:26 PM

I think Spin has forgot to pay his internet bills, there seems to be something wrong with his ISP --> this is what I know so far --> EQ = Down due to Spinlock's ISP. Technicians were unable to fix the problem. Should be back ASAP. This is not Spins fault!

I hope it'll be back soon, cause it has been a few days now.

DragonMage 01-22-2002 03:36 PM

What do you mean it's been a few days, hon?

It was up and running fine yesterday morning (around 10:00am EST).
I got home around 5:00pm EST and tried to go on around 6pm. So it went down yesterday between 8am and 4pm game time. ;)

(Yes, I'm obsessed! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

andora20 01-22-2002 03:49 PM

Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Servers down I can't get on, when is a good time to join, Have I missed much??