Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Guild Wars Green Drop Weekend (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90988)

TheCrimsomBlade 10-10-2006 08:37 PM

Green Drop Weekend as poasted on Guildwars.com 10 October 2006
This weekend, every Canthan boss monster that you slay will be three times as likely to drop a special, or "green," item. The start of this event will be Noon PDT on Friday and the greens will continue to drop at triple the normal rate through 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday. Good hunting!

Garnet FalconDance 10-11-2006 09:10 AM

Geesh! I wish they'd stop with the 'special weekends' already! Clogs the servers even more than usual, encourages the very thing they say they don't want (excessive farming) and is just damned unnecessary.

I play because I like the game; I do not need to be freakin' bribed!

T-D-C 10-11-2006 06:23 PM

Yeah I agree the farming of those easy bosses is going to be crazy this weekend.

Though this will hopefully give me the chance to get that Wing's Axe I've been wanting for a while.

Already have me a Chikkrs Pincers and Everthorns Chakrams for my Assassin.

Bozos of Bones 10-11-2006 07:40 PM

I gotta get me some Everthorns... Ungues are nice and all, but you really feel the lack of energy with higher cost(10/10/10) chains. So far, I am making do with Critical Strike, which has to be THE most powerful assassin skill in the game. Gives lots of energy, it does.

TheCrimsomBlade 10-11-2006 08:16 PM

And Remember these drops are only going to be on the Factions Game Side. If you don't have Factions and you want to play and get these drops check with your friends that have the pre-order pack to see if you can get their 10 hour Free to play key. Then bring one of your high end characters over to the Canthan mainland and you'll find yourself in Kaineng Center. From there find yourself a team of grab the Henchmen and start hunting the bosses.

Post all you good drops Here or start a GW Unique & Green Drop link to show what everybody finds.

Bozos of Bones 10-12-2006 03:52 AM

Umm... no, TCB, it doesn't work that way.
You can't transfer existing characters to other continents without actually owning those expansions.
You can't keep anything you pick up with trail characters, as the trial characters can't trade or access Xunlai.

T-D-C 10-12-2006 07:40 AM

Trial Key accounts have to be created as seperate key accounts. They can't be added to an existing account.

My assassin never runs out of energy with her Zealous Zodiac Daggers of Enchanting and Assassin Promise and Black Lotus strike. It gives you a redicilious amount of energy.

The only way to get greens with a trial key is to start from scratch and useing 2 of those 10 hours getting out of Shing Jea.

Then there are only a few bosses in Marketplace and Waijun Bazzar that you could cap. Maybe a few in Vizuanah square but most of the good ones are further in.

You would be better of asking you friends to get them for you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 10-12-2006 07:12 PM

<font color="cyan">Could anyone post a quick reference of the bosses/drops/locations of the green bosses in Cantha? I know Tyria greens like the back of my hand...Cantha, I know none!</font>

T-D-C 10-12-2006 07:17 PM

Yup Check out this Link

Green Item List

Bozos of Bones 10-12-2006 07:17 PM

Try here.
EDIT:
Garr! TDC Had an unfair advantage! He knew that it was hopeless to post a Factions list because it contained outlawed HTML properties, and I tried that so I wasted my time... *shakes fist at TDC*

[ 10-12-2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]